Is there a list of replaced Hotfixes?

Bugs Bunny

I need a new HFSIPed install CD every 4-5 Moths. So I back up my unprocessed HFSLIP directory, so I can restore it later and put in the new hotfixes and updates.

I also use optional non critical updates, that are not found in the lists of Tomcat and The Guy.

So now I put in the new critical HFs and do not know which one have been replaced and which one are optional hotfixes.

So I do compare my HF folder with the dynamic list of TC using an excel sheet and then checking the ones only I have, if they are optional or replaced.

What would be much eaysier, if there would be a list of updates that have been replaced. I only would need to check my HF folder and remove the Hotfixes that the "replaced list" contains.

From April 06 - September 06 for XP these should be the replaced Hotfixes:

WindowsMedia10-KB911565-v2-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB885250-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB896422-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB902400-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB912812-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB913446-x86.exe

scriptde.exe

Ideally the list would also contain the month/year the individual HF was repleaced and the new hotfix.

Btw: found a list of recommended optional updates:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=496637

Are some of these supported in HFSLIP?

WMP10 ones with intl rather not?

I believe you're referring to KB902344 and maybe some others when you say "WMP10 ones with INTL." They are supported by HFSLIP.

Let me look in my hotfix directory and check. For each month, I keep a TXT file of replaced fixes. Do you need all OSes, and is it only for those hotfixes on WU?

Thanks for the replies!

@ Super-Magician:

Yes it's KB902344 and others I'm referring - good to know they are supported.

The optional Updates I only use for XP. For w2k I use the ones that The Guy and Tomcat have listed.

If I'm right then, these hotfixes should be the replaced once since April 06:

WindowsMedia10-KB911565-v2-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB885250-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB896422-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB902400-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB912812-x86.exe

WindowsXP-KB913446-x86.exe

scriptde.exe

• 3 months later...
Let me look in my hotfix directory and check. For each month, I keep a TXT file of replaced fixes. Do you need all OSes, and is it only for those hotfixes on WU?
hi S-M! would you still have these monthly text files? if i may request for these, i could use it for reference to remove some old HFs that i might still have in my HF dir ... thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...