Order of addon packs, date format

msdemich

I use a dozon or so addons with nlite and they have many different date formats. nLite has trouble putting them in order. I try to sort by date but different date formats congregate together and I have to move them manually by clicking the arrows. (oldest first)

I know its a small thing, but when you work with enough addon packs you get tired of having to reorder things each time. Would it be possible to display all the dates in the same format?

i usually order the hotfixes and addon by date,

some show s datain :: dd/MM/yyyy

and others :: MM/dd/yyyy (even some M$ hotfixes)

so the order of integration cause problems

some fails someothers requirements

this is a serious issue to be condidered

bcoz i got BSOD daily on improper order

and no BSOD for one month on correct order !!! :D

bcoz i got BSOD daily on improper order

and no BSOD for one month on correct order !!! :D

Yeah, thats what I thought. Which is why I only use RVMintegrator for slipstreaming and nLite for the addon packs. The RVM integrator does not give me the option of putting the addon packs in any particular order. Provided that the packs don't share files, this shouldn't be a problem. But when you are integrating many packs, you get an increased risk of replacing newer files with older ones.

There are so many different date formats. For example, I typicly integrate about 20 addons, which have these different kinds of date formats:

mm/dd/yyyy

dd/mm/yyyy

yyyy/mm/dd

dd-monthname-yyyy

monthname/dd/yyyy

Sorting them is a pain, not to mention the potential for user error. It can make those BSODs you mentioned hard to trace.

There will be an option to sort like integrator and to enable free sort then it's up to you.

Best is by date, if you need to sort different date formats go manually and move them because if 2 addons change same registry entry then only the last one applied is the one which you will see as the result.

Yeh Thats why Nlite Often freeze up things at the End... :(

I have seen most people said to me that used Ryanvm Integrator for Slipstreaming and Nlite for Other Additional Tasks.... :)

Innocent Devil, yeah I'm aware of that clumsy moving.

khan, what is the problem with nLite integration, too much freedom ;)?

I see many of you want that sort lockdown...fine by me.

khan, what is the problem with nLite integration, too much freedom ;)?

I see many of you want that sort lockdown...fine by me.

I am having Problem specially with RyanVm's Update Packs and Addons...I actually made different folders for Sorting things...

1)Update Packs

2)Themes + Mouse Cursors

3)Windows Essential [Dotnet framework,Media Player 10,Windows Live Messenger]etc

4)Others Addons etc...

It looks better to do in a proper manner,But i never check for any Date format so it may freeze up things in the End..

I faced too much problems last night i integrate with Nlite,Many Addon pack did not installed like Non of the theme installed.No Media Player 10... :(

khan, I assume you think on RVM WMP10 addon...it has to work, you had to removed something it needed or integrated some wmp9 hotfix over it or something.

For one wmp addon I saw that it needs Tours kept...check your setuperr.log

khan, I assume you think on RVM WMP10 addon...it has to work, you had to removed something it needed or integrated some wmp9 hotfix over it or something.

For one wmp addon I saw that it needs Tours kept...check your setuperr.log

Can i choose Regular Method in the Advance Options of HOTFIXES...?

Nuhi,I did an unattended installation and i Currectly Put the KEY,I always Run the setup from the Dos Promt and I almost Never get any of the UNATTENTED setup i do created....

Is there any problem of WINNT.SIF file with the DOS base installation with D:\I386\WINNT.EXE