[help]problem with making boot disk

demon326

hello all, i'm trying to get my windows XP version on CD with the Nlite created ISO/IMAGE file no i did everything like in the faq but it wont work the disk is not booteable :( virtual pc 2004 SP1 says this error: "cant boot from disk/cd error code 4" now the strange thing is it boots with the image on my HDD but not on the cd :(

software using:

windows xp pro

Nlite (latest stable version)

virtual pc 2004 SP1

Nero 7 Premium

and medion CD's

i dont know anymore what to do .. i tryed everything but nothing seems to work because all the faqs explain the same as the rest

i realy dont know what to do so i hope sombody can help me ;)

and sorry for my bad english

Since the .iso image works and the CD does not, the problem must lie in the way you burned the CD.

Did you actually use NERO properly?

Or you just put the .iso in the new compilation folder?

In the old NERO 6 you had to choose "Burn Image", I think this is unchanged in 7:

http://www.govideo.com/index.Asp?GV=CDWriteHelp

Also, ALWAYS burn bootable CD's at LOWEST possible speed, until you find that a higher speed will work as well.

jaclaz

Since the .iso image works and the CD does not, the problem must lie in the way you burned the CD.

Did you actually use NERO properly?

Or you just put the .iso in the new compilation folder?

In the old NERO 6 you had to choose "Burn Image", I think this is unchanged in 7:

http://www.govideo.com/index.Asp?GV=CDWriteHelp

Also, ALWAYS burn bootable CD's at LOWEST possible speed, until you find that a higher speed will work as well.

jaclaz

10-4 on the lowest speed......also shut down all other running programs before you ever open Nero.

I use "End It All 2" to do this with only a couple of mouse clicks.

In Nero 7.x (should be the same for 6.x) in the upper tool bar, click on "Recorder".

Then click on "Burn Image" , then browse to the .iso file you want to burn. Follow prompts to finish the burn.

I fussed with Nero and .iso files for the longest time before I stumbled on that simple route.

Good Luck,

Andromeda43 B)

i did everything like in the FAQS and burn as an image i also tryed but that wont work :no: .. and i'm burnning @ 32x thats the same speed i made a backup disk of my orginal disc..

i will give it a new try tomorrow

i will let you guys know if it woked :D

edit: it works :) thanks for the help :)

Edited by demon326

demon326

This is how I create my bootable CD/DVD.

Things needed

- UltraISO - This is the prog I am used to. I guess you can use other such similar prog.

- At least 10 gigs of HDD for DVD

- Original bootable XPCD (Retail, OEM, Corp or any flavour) with/without SP2 slipstreamed.

from unattended forum, take the guidance to make the necessary preparation of xp files.

make an iso image of original xpcd on the hard disk and open it with UltraISO. Delete all the files and import the entire new updated xpcd directory in UltraISO. Copy all the files to the root directory in ultraiso and save.

Burn the image on to CD/DVD using nero

you are done. PM me if you need any further clarifications B)

Edited by Saks