Nlite / RVM_Integrator

diorser

Hello,

I am a bit confused after reading the French forum.

I understood that some hotfix packages are compatible with Ryan integrator but not with Nlite.

examples: CXP_UpdatePack_130fr.7z & CXP_AddOn_WMP10.7z.

I also read that we should start from source which means we cannot start to integrate with Ryan integrator, then continue with Nlite.

I would like to use french packages with Nlite: how should I proceed ?

Thanks.

"and its suppose to work with both"

Unfortunately this is not what is said on the french forum claiming that compatibility with NLite is not granted.

The Nlite process is a long process, and I am then looking for more reliable information than assumptions.

vier on Wed Aug 02, 2006 : http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31536#31536

"Je n'ai aucune idée pour la compatbilité avec nLite 1.01, et ce n'est pas mon problème ! "

=> No idea, and I don't care about compatibility with NLite !!!

How to trust any compatibility ?

Would be good if better synchronised between languages !

And BTW, you say: "add the pack as a hotfix in hotfix page....."

But this is what I explain does not work with CXP_UpdatePack_130fr.7z & CXP_AddOn_WMP10.7z.

These hotfixes are not accepted by Nlite V1.0.0.16.

I am looking for the solution.

Edited by diorser

why dont you use rvm? I use it with vier's update pack and it works great..

Simply because I need to use the following steps of NLite (options / patchs / Tweaks) I don't find on RVM integrator, and I have read that you should not use NLite after RVM.

Hope it is clear enough.

Edited by diorser

But this is what I explain does not work with CXP_UpdatePack_130fr.7z & CXP_AddOn_WMP10.7z.

These hotfixes are not accepted by Nlite V1.0.0.16.

I am looking for the solution.

What would explain it is that version of nLite does not accept 7-Zip Update or Addon Packs. Update to either the latest release or latest beta for that capability.

I'll see about those addons and what feature is needed, shouldn't be a problem. Don't be reluctant to report if you need some addon support in nLite.

Basically all I care personally was update pack compatibility, those addons use Siginet introduced functions which he introduces how he likes.

Fine, I don't ask him what to remove either.

Anyway it's up to you users to require what you need then I'll review and update if the feature "feels good".

Thanks for your answers.

then ask vier to make it work with nlite....only the author of that pack can help u....or u can go modify it by yourself to make it work with nlite.....
I could not do it ..... simply because all the email addresses I tried to register on the other forum were rejected !!!!! (did not understand).

I will then check with the very latest NLite release if CXP_UpdatePack_130fr.7z & CXP_AddOn_WMP10.7z can be integrated.

However what does not create trust is the perception of competition between NLite and RVM integration tool, at least from end user point of view from one forum to the next one.

It would be good if some rules would exist to ensure packets compatibility between NLite and RVM tool, a kind of gentlemen agreement !!!

There is agreement for update packs because Ryan do listen, but those addons are like little pacts around their forum.

As I said it's up to you, me and Siginet are not on the best terms lately...and don't expect me to try every addon out there, I do my best with the features this program is primarily intended for.

It's simple...report a link, say what's wrong, I try and fix...then in a week they will generically all work.

If the addon author properly made the addon, it should work with either program just fine. There is really only one category of addon AKAIK that will only work with the RVM Integrator and that would be WPI Addons. Everything else should work fine with either. The big variable in this whole thing is the person who made the addon. They may have made a simple mistake or they may not know what they're doing at all. Even though all of this stuff is free, the phrase "buyer beware" comes to mind.

diorser, I tried to insert the wmp10 addon and it didn't display anything. Weird I thought. Then corrected the message, for me it says it's French addon and cannot be used on English Windows.

Do you have French Windows version to begin with?

And what was the 1.0.0.16 error, you say not compatible...what that means?