Searching for previous versions of windows...

Valerov

hello all. i created an xp setup disk using nlite. the installation starts but it gets stucked when it is searchinf for previous installed versions. the hd i use has already windows installed on it but i dont think that matters. any ideas? sorry for my bad english :(

i finally managed to get through the installation but i have a new question for you guys. when the setup finished, i went to check out the add and remove programms list. i wanted to check out if the updates were installed. i checked the checkbox to show the updates and only 3 updates showed up. during the creation of the iso i added about 150 updates. so that means that the updates were not installed?

p.s the updates used with nlite were "stolen" from autopatcher folder

Hi Valerov,

How did you get this to work as I'm having the same issue with my installation. I was able to integrate textmode drivers, but installation comes up with issue that I need a previously installed version of Windows when I have a standard installation image not an upgrade. Thanks

Simple solution: goto www.ryanvm.net and download his update pack. Version number is 2.1.2. Use nlite to integrate that and you should have all the current updates integrated into your ISO. Thats all I ever do. saves me from searching for and downloading a million KB912333...... files