Maxtor Hard disk

Hi all,

i have problem with my 2nd Hard disk which is Maxtor 80GB

i used to connect to hard disk that i have one as primary and second as slave on secondary channel and it work ok. But today when i turn on my computer i read that my 2nd HD is defined as Maxtor Falcon so i enter my BIOS setup and find that it is 0GB !!

Of curse when i enter my windows it can't find it. also i check Device Manager.

i try to remove my 1st HD and leave the 2nd one only (sure i connect it primary channel) also the same.

it make my head screw :wacko:

Is my 2nd HD coming to be dead?!!

Any idea will be excellent

Regards,

Xtremee

@puntoMX

1st thanks for ur reply,

Remove the jumpers and put them back on to make sure they make good cantact
if you concentrate in reading my post you will find this
i try to remove my 1st HD and leave the 2nd one only (sure i connect it primary channel) also the same.
The HD is primary if you dont use any jumper (i.e. By default HD is primary if u put it alone without any jumper)

i hope that u have another idea!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Maleko

1st thanks for ur reply,

i download the diagnostic tools from Maxtor and boot with my Floppy and 2nd HD only also i try all options in this disk but still have the same error.

I dont know why my HD is defined as Maxtor Falcon this appear both in floppy disk and BIOS but dont appear in my windows as it don't recognize it at all.

Btw, i try low level format which in the floppy

Regards,

Xtremee

Edited by xtremee

@Maleko

When my HD working ok. it some time don't recognize to another PC than my one (honestly i try it with one friend that have Western HD)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@puntoMX

i don't think the jumper will affect to my HD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't know what the Maxtor Falcon Mean

Regards to all,

Xtremee

Edited by xtremee

Don't Use Maxtor thats all what I got to say.......

Why?

Did you have a lot of problems with your Maxtor HDDs?

There did seem to be major problems with the 6E030L0s. But I have yet to have a failure with the non-slimline Maxtor HDDs. I have a 13 GB 7,200 RPM from 1999 and still is fine despite a major amount of repartitions and reformats.

I bought a 160 gig Maxtor HDD and all what I had is problems mainly would not install windows xp pro [bSOD] so I bought a 250gig from SATA from WD had not one problem. I only go for WD or Seagate.

Edited by computerMan

I bought a 160 gig Maxtor HDD and all what I had is problems mainly would not install windows xp pro [bSOD] so I bought a 250gig from SATA from WD had not one problem. I only go for WD or Seagate.

That's anecdotal evidence at best. One single defective HD from a company (likely bad luck) and you're bashing them online and never buying them anymore? Wow. Give it a couple years, and you'll have no manufacturer's left to buy from :lol:

Personally, I'll buy anything BUT WD. Seagate, Maxtor, Samsung, Hitachi, etc - it's all good.

Did you have a lot of problems with your Maxtor HDDs?

Cons: Drives are returned more to the stores (RMA) and have issues with nVidia chipsets.

Pros: Maxtor reply the emails fast and they swap drives (RMA) with much problems in a short time.