Norton auto-protect says "off"

I have Norton Anti-Virus 2003 pro edition and after my computer has been on for awhile(sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours), the icon disappears and it says auto-protect is off and there was an error with my e-mail scanning. I have done everything suggested at

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.n...nav&svy=&csm=no

and none of it worked. I tried turning off the option to have auto-protect start when my computer started and then turn it on afterwards and that worked for a few days but now its back to giving me errors again. Anybody know what to do?

I bought it from the symantec site, and how do I make a new user account?

to create a new users account in Windows XP to go control Panel then in control panel to go user Accounts then under pick a task choose Create a new account

I already have two accounts because my first one was screwed up and wouldnt let me edit internet options. Will I have to always log on to my new account, and if so how can I move my programs to that new one?

I already have two accounts because my first one was screwed up and wouldnt let me edit internet options. Will I have to always log on to my new account, and if so how can I move my programs to that new one?

it may be easyer if you just re formatt your HDD and start again if you already have a screwd up account.

To move your programs that could be a problem becuase some of them will not work unless you re-install them as they make change to the registry which will not be in your new account.

and yes you would always have to logo in to your new account