A lot of problems.Need help

The first problem is the most strange one.I want to copy some themes into windows folder,so I put "Resources/themes" in "$OEM$/$$" in the ISO.But after the system setup is complete,I just can't find any theme file in "themes" folder on my disk.So,that's what kind of problem?

I also wrote a reg file to optimize my system by typing"regedit /s setup.reg" in the cmdlines.txt.But when the system setup is done,I find that some phrases in the reg file does't work.

e.g. I want to show protected system files,so I set:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"ShowSuperHidden"=dword:00000001

But I find that the regedit changed "ShowSuperHidden" into "SuperHidden" and no "ShowSuperHidden" is existed,how could it be possible?In addition,if I double click the reg file directly,it works well.

Besides,I also set:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage]

"Favorites"=hex:ff

"FavoritesResolve"=-

to remove IE&OE from start menu.As the same,If I double click the reg file,it works.But it just does't work from cmdlines.txt.After the system setup is complete,"Favorites" isn't changed to "ff" and "FavoritesResolve" doesn't remove yet.

I have already turn Windows File Protection off by set

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d

in HIVESFT.INF

So,what I gonna do to solve these problems?Hope you guys will help me

Sorry for my poor English :D

Edited by Gerllem

Thanks for relay.

Here is part of my winnt.sif content:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=No

WaitForReboot=No

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I also have tried RunOnceEX

But it seems doesn't work too :(

Edited by Gerllem

Good morning Gerlem,

These are the entries I use and they seem to work ok (xptweaks.reg) :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"SuperHidden"=dword:00000000

"Hidden"=dword:00000001

"ShowSuperHidden"=dword:00000000

I import the registry tweaks by RunOnceExe and I keep the registry tweak file in:

\$OEM$\$$\System32\xptweaks.reg

So my OEMPreInstall is set to Yes. My cmdlines. txt reads but one entry, the reference to the RunOnceExe script.

Kind regards,

Paul :)

Gerllem > don't put too many things into your cmdlines.txt. I myself install numerous applications I import quite some tweaks and use many command scripts and all goes well.

Currently I managed to create an xpsp2 cd which installs all applications and stuff automatically. Including but not limited to ZoneAlarm Nod32 Total Commander etc etc....My machine is fully equipped after the install.

I always use this same construction (the RunOnceExe > what a terrific piece of art those people out here created!!) and I never encounter problems.

Kind regards,

Paul

I'm so sorry that I have disapeared for a long while.

Thank you for your detailed explanation.

I was used to set RunOnceEX reads reg file from the CD and it may be the problem.Your tutorial is gonna do me a lot of favor.

Thanks a again!

There's no innate reason why cmdlines.txt won't work.

I don't know if it matters, but try to follow the exact format w.r.t. capital or small letters:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\...

WFP does not protect the registry. But isn't it sufficient just to modify the registry to disable it?

• 3 weeks later...

I was a little bussy and I just forgot to reply,sorry.

It seems still don't work to me.I've put the entries into right order, along with taking care of capital and small.But I still can't remove IE&OE from startmenu.

I'm going crazy......

Anyway,thanks for your help!

Since I replied earlier I also found that some HKCU tweaks don't stick when applied at T-12.

You said importing the reg after user logon works. So it should work if you use RunOnce or RunOnceEx, making sure the reg is still there on the HD.