will WoW run?

4g4d4u

so ive decided to stop cheaping out and just get world of warcraft since everyone seems to like it. but before i do go buy it i wanted to make sure my computer will run it. i tried looking for the trial version but it seems they dont offer that anymore, which is pretty awesome. i have a sony fe670g with 2gb ram. im not really worried about most of my specs just my graphics card. i know intel isnt exactly the greatest in graphics cards. anyone know if my computer will run it or can get me a trial version of the game somehow. thanks!

well what video card do you have exactly? model number? otherwise the specs will be find to play WoW. you could try that 10day free trial to see if you comp can play it or not before deciding to buy it... you may be able to add in a 7400 or 7600 into it, im not sure where to find that info, maybe you should give sony a call about it.

the 10 day free trial isnt offered anymore by blizzard, i checked that out already. i was less than thrilled about that. i agree that the onboard intel graphics gets a thumbs down but hey this laptop is pretty light and portable and it ran counter strike, which used to be my one and only game, like a champ. also i got it dirt cheap at compusa where i work. :yes: i guess maybe ill just build a sweet rig, but compusa doesnt sell the geforce 7950 gx2 which means i have to pay retail on that bad boy. :}

um... so you plan on building a new comp? if so why the 7950gx2? imo its a waste and causes too much heat.

i wanted to build something pretty powerful so i wouldnt really have to worry about compatibility for quite some time, plus the idea of 2 cards in one slot was alittle interesting. anyway would you reccomend any certain card and if it pairs well with any mobo and processor. thanks

mother board, im leaning pretty heavily towards the FATAL1TY AN8SLI or the Asus m2n32 unless theres something equal or better for less youd reccomend. processor amd 64 x2 4200+, im pretty sure thats the best one compusa carries i might have them special order me a AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ again unless theres something cheaper and better. thanks for the reccomendations this site is a great place for info im glad i dont get the s*** flamed out of me.