how to install progs with serial

Try this: Make a xy.reg with the serial extracted from your registry and call it just before the program installation.

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Apps\bla\bla.reg
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Apps\bla\bla.exe /bla

This won't work on some instances. I know a few programs which require a serial # before the install runs. Well it starts the install, but before you can advance in the install you have to enter a serial number. Ex. CursorXP Pro.

If anyone knows how to install these types of apps, please post!

This won't work on some instances.  I know a few programs which require a serial # before the install runs.  Well it starts the install, but before you can advance in the install you have to enter a serial number.  Ex. CursorXP Pro.

If anyone knows how to install these types of apps, please post!

If you install the application sliently, in all cases i have seen it will ask for the serial on first use.

Make sur your using the proper switches.

In regards to regISTERING A PROGRAM WITH A REGISTRY ENRTY, LOOK IN THE LOCAL USER AND ALL USERS SECTION UNDER SOFTWARE, THEN LOOK FOR THE REGISTRATION INFO IN (SORRY CAPS) one of the entries.

Then export in a txt file and save it with a .reg extention. Incorperate that to execute in your Unatteneded install and it should work.

|Drew|

Trying to run CursorXP in silent mode doens't ask for a serial number, it just shows the installer running, but it freezes because it can't get past the screen asking for the serial number, however, since it's in silent mode, you can't even see the screen. It also uses the WISE installer, so any more suggestions?