[help] Windows Xp pro Network resource sharing problem

roy1984

I am using windows xp professional edition, i did a folder for network sharing but.... some of my client can't access to my sharing folder....

It show:

the network resource may not available or you may have no permission to enter it...

how will this happen?

Is it my files sharing have too many clients access on it then it can't work?

my 75s clients are windows xp home edition and my host is windows xp pro

is there any setting to solve this problem?

I am using windows xp professional edition, i did a folder for network sharing but.... some of my client can't access to my sharing folder....

It show:

the network resource may not available or you may have no permission to enter it...

how will this happen?

Is it my files sharing have too many clients access on it then it can't work?

my 75s clients are windows xp home edition and my host is windows xp pro

is there any setting to solve this problem?

The maximum number of simultaneous connections to a Windows XP Pro system is ten. However, if that were the problem, you would get the error message "No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept" (check Inbound connections limit in Windows XP).

Are you sure the clients that can't connect to the share have all the necessary network components installed (Client for Microsoft Networks, correct network protocol etc.)?

Edited by Ctrl-X

Yeah, that was what I was hinting at.

The error message is not the same as that for the max. limit connections, so don't just jump to that conclusion. Try to have a logical and systematic approach.

Look here right at the bottom:

http://www.techbuilder.org/recipes/59200376

If only some clients can't access while some can, then the problem is more likely to be at the client end.

Yeah, that was what I was hinting at.

The error message is not the same as that for the max. limit connections, so don't just jump to that conclusion. Try to have a logical and systematic approach.

Look here right at the bottom:

http://www.techbuilder.org/recipes/59200376

If only some clients can't access while some can, then the problem is more likely to be at the client end.

Yes, i did read your answer....

I have checked my protocol setting, nothin wrong.....

Not all of my network clients can't connect to my host... just majority of my clients can't connect to it