i386\svcpack folder after slipstreaming

LispWarez

ok i have Windows XP with SP2 slipstreamed and all the latest updates. but now after doing so i have 122 meg of update files in there thats taking up space. i also have my drivers on the CD and with all the new updates and my drivers i just cant fit it onto one CD. so now what im wondering is if there is a way to get rid of these files as this would save lots of space. i did a search on the forums but found nothing relating to these files in this folder. any1 know?

im not wanting some program to do the slipstreaming for me (im not lazy) but i do want to save space in this folder. seems a waste to have all the update exes there if its already slipsteamed. there was a small version of XP called TinyXP floating around p2p networks that have seemed to removed these files. was wondering what they did.

...seems a waste to have all the update exes there if its already slipsteamed.

The files in svcpack are not yet truly incorporated in the source. They're there waiting to be executed during Setup. That's the whole point. And they're uncompressed. That's why people might choose to use update packs or HFSLIP. You don't have to use these if you know how to compress them and overwrite the original files yourself.