windows-xp-x86-nld (Nederlands, Dutch)

Thanks jcarle!

Nice initiative. :)

Here is windows-xp-x86-nld.ul (Dutch, Nederlands) (see attached file.)

Made by editing xxx.ENU.ul (english version) in notepad. Updates until Aug 10 2006

Checked the thing out, and it seems to download everything.

Left out: KB896344 that appearently only applies for English and Japanese versions.

(my Dutch XP did not accept it, because of the language.)

I did it just for fun, remembering Bart's (BartPE) motto: "Because being an admin is hard enough..".

But I cannot be a permanent helper.

But the file here is a good start, and makes the future job easyer.

Greeting from Holland!

Serge.

(and Yés, some Europeans still love to work with sóme Americans, in the meanwhile watching the interesting fruits of American democracy.. Grinn..)

windows_xp_x86_nld.zip

I made a dutch version some time ago already with Dutch descriptions.. what i see from your list is that you only edited the downloadlinks but not the descriptions.... you also dont have links to the official kb articles which is very handy to have.

I made a dutch version some time ago already with Dutch descriptions.. what i see from your list is that you only edited the downloadlinks but not the descriptions.... you also dont have links to the official kb articles which is very handy to have.

Oops!.. But I didn't see your version as a topic title here, nor was it included in WUD..

Perhaps you can post a link to that here, or even better: attach it again here.

Or just leave it, then it will be included in newer versions of WOD.

Indeed descriptions and links can be useful, but of course getting the files themselves was the main point.

I didn't see them, because I edited in Notepad, and it was not that obvious.

Reading in English is often not a point, and the links are still usefull: you're two clicks away from the dutch version.

Of course I am a bit dissapointed.. But the credits go to you! :)

Oops!.. But I didn't see your version as a topic title here, nor was it included in WUD..

Perhaps you can post a link to that here, or even better: attach it again here.

Or just leave it, then it will be included in newer versions of WOD.

Indeed descriptions and links can be useful, but of course getting the files themselves was the main point.

I didn't see them, because I edited in Notepad, and it was not that obvious.

Reading in English is often not a point, and the links are still usefull: you're two clicks away from the dutch version.

Of course I am a bit dissapointed.. But the credits go to you! :)

All of the available UL files are posted on http://wud.jcarle.com/

All of the available UL files are posted on http://wud.jcarle.com/

Thanks, I missed the new beta-version 2.22. Martin's Dutch x86 file is in there.

But it's a bit old: 50 updates (also no SP2), instead of the 75 there are now.

But the new .ULZ files give a bit of a problem:

- They can't be opened. So if I wanted to add something, I must build from scratch.

- If I make a new UL, I can't use it instantly, and have to wait until you make an ULZ file of it available.

So there goes a bit of the fun..

And at the moment, with Dutch, we're better off with WUD 2.21 (and my file here) than with 2.22..

But I will see If I'll find the time to complete my file, adding Dutch descriptions..

Edited by Serge2

I had another look at it.. But I can't see any of such links, either in the UL files, nor in the ULZ files, as they are displayed in WUD 2.22..

So if I am right, it's only the descriptions.. I might do them.. But thanks anyway.

lol no no if you open the .ul file in kladblok (yes thats dutch :P ) then you will see under the

<update id="KB921883" category="1" publishdate="2006-08-07">

for example this

<!-- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=nl&FamilyID=2996b9b6-03ff-4636-861a-46b3eac7a305 -->

I also copied the idea from the Spanish pack i think to add the date behind the description so that people can see how old the update is.

If you want to extent my file you are free to do so, my school will start soon so i cant update the file to the size of jcarles one because it takes pretty much time (as you already noticed :) )

If you need help you can always contact me with a PM and i will see what i can do for you :)