Media Player

TBH I don't see the point of the Media Player. It might be a nice addition to some people, but my opinion is to leave it out by dfault and to have the media player installed in a modular way if some people wanted it.

What I mean by this is to say have a configuration window whereby if you tick a box saying enable windows media player, then WPI looks at code in a java script file that just has code relevant to WMP. If the box isn't ticked then the WMP Javascript isn't used at all, can even be deleted if the person wants.

Is this possible?

@kev_147: That is very possible. Just do a check: if (PlayAudioInWPI) then show media player.

My personnal opinion is to try and get WPI up to a more professional level. Then surely an IT Pro would not ber playing MP3's at work. I don't do it at my place of work. I don't do it at home. Totally unnecessary. The 5.4 themes have it removed (for now commented out). I am holding off on removing the code from Options -> Audio Player for now............how long is tough to say.

I agree with WPI being designed with a professional level in mind. For example Micro$oft see a lot of their software with about 3 different ways to do the same task. This might make things look pretty, but the code behind it must multiply and is harder to train end users.

I think WPI should do exactly what it says on the tin! :-) If other ppl want pretty pictures and sounds then maybe they could have the option via a modular approach, ie enable it. But the setting should be disabled by default if not absoutlotely neccesary.

Thats my 2 pennies worth. Hope it makes sense

well i like the media player ,and i use it.

but i use wm11 now, with the black skin.

So in wpi it shows also as black skin, when still in windows with wm11 installed.

BUT , during WPI setup wm11 isnt installed and it still shows old blue skin.

Normaly thats no big deal,BUT.

I made my skin so that it looks the same as wm11.

testkeuzemenu2su0.th.jpg

But there is no way i can install wm11 before that.

wm11mcelv9.th.jpg

This is the error.

Any ideas?

Edited by muiz

That's one part of the problem with having the Media Player. If you are playing songs in the installer, MP10 is open, so MP11 can't overwrite it. The files are in use and can't be deleted/overwritten.

That's one part of the problem with having the Media Player. If you are playing songs in the installer, MP10 is open, so MP11 can't overwrite it. The files are in use and can't be deleted/overwritten.

Well the strange thing is that when i install wm11 while wpi is open and plays music it installs wm11 fine.

(Silent winrar installer)

But i want it installed before wpi starts so wpi shows the new skin.

The error screenshot was with autoit during t12

Edited by muiz

Well the strange thing is that when i install wm11 while wpi is open and plays music it installs wm11 fine.

(Silent winrar installer)

But i want it installed before wpi starts so wpi shows the new skin.

The error screenshot was with autoit during t12

Can you use it this way if you are installing from CD/DVD?

@ECHO OFF
%systemroot%\system32\cmdow.exe @ /hid

REM Example, how to look for CDROM-drive. Must have win51ip.SP2 at the root of the CD.
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\win51ip.SP2 set CDROM=%%i:
echo Found CD-Rom as drive %CDROM%

set wpipath=%cdrom%\WPI

start /wait %cdrom%\WPI\Install\Mediaplayer11\program.exe

start /wait %cdrom%\WPI\WPI.hta

EXIT

Edited by Pliek

No i just made a switchless installer wich installs after media center rollup2.

WPI installs it perfecrly.

BUT i want it to be installed BEFORE wpi starts.

So that it shows the black sking during WPI