Computer Problems

m16si

In my Dxdiag panel under display Direct3d acceleration and AGP accleration is not available.

If i try to reinstall ATI drivers i have black screen in windows if i restart computer i come into windows but accelerations in dxdiag are disabled....

Could it be because of my new CPU? A friend gave me a barton 2600+ and i upgraded from 2400+ Athlon to 2600 barton.

And can u tell me what is Barton's original MHz ? Because i have old mobo and it doesn't recognise barton and i must OC CPU manual in bios.

One more question:

Four days ago my VGA fan died, and i ran my games without fan for 3 days is it possible i damaged the Graphic Card, because games weren't working properly and they had a lot of artifacts ? And since i installed new coller nothing works anymore :( !

And yes i installed Fan+coller correctly and used thermal grease.

Thnx I hope i can fix this :(

M16si

You most likely will have to change the graphic card, the graphic processor should have been damaged running without fan 3days. You might be able to make it work by underclocking it if it's possible.

:hello: i run without a GFX fan...although theres one thing i cannot safely do. if i restart my computer, the graphics get very screwy. colors are messed up and everything. the only way to get around it is turning off my computer, taking out the card, then taking out a chip thats on the card [its removeable] and then putting it back in after a minute. hasn't failed me yet, although i feel like it will soon. its not exactly the best graphics i've ever used, but i only have regular PCI slots to work off of. the motherboard has its own VGA output, but to run Vista, i need 32 bit, not 24. thus, the graphics card has helped.

if i get windows on my other computer i can have up to 128bit graphics provided i get the Radeon9200 i asked my parents for.

btw, if you're wondering what card im using right now, its a Genoa Phantom series 3D/ViRGE...the model is 8375

Edited by bonestonne