Installing Windows Media Player 10 from WPI

Before I migrate to WPI 5.3 (from 5.1) I have a question.

Previously I posted an issue about not being able to install Media Player 10 from WPI 5.1. See my post here: Forum link.

Sadicq helped me perfectly to create a workaround. An 5.1 still works for me. But now that I see nice new features in 5.3 so I wonder if this 'bug' with Windows Media Player 10 is solved. I don't think so cause I can't find it in the solved issues.

I also posted it in the 5.1 buglist and in the 5.2 wishlist. To my surprise (and it also gives me a bit of hope ;-) I don't find my posts there anymore. So either my posts have been taken out cause the issues is solved, or my posts have been lost in the renewing proces of the bug- and wishlist.

Can anyone tell me if I'm hoping for the wrong reasons? And let me know if I should repost my problem again.

Regards,

Roland

Dordrecht, The Netherlands

Edited by RJTPlomp

In 5.3 it is not. I have the code from sadicq, but I have not imported it yet. I had to make sure all the installer issues were solved first. Now Zorphnoq has a new reboot function that will need to be merged first, then the media player code updated around it. The media player is much easier to modify than the other code.