Boot shows up two Windows Xp

raptor18

Just squeezed win xp to 156 mb. Problem is when i boot, it shows up two windows xp's at the boot list. one works one doesnt. I dont want to delete the none working windows boot, i want to make a new CD with win xp without it making two xp boots. How can i do this?

BTW, why did it make two partitions? Ive used this CD to install windows before without problems.

Thanks!

Regards

Raptor

hi raptor18! you might have not done a clean install of your XP ... another possibility is that you used a different partition for your installation (perhaps what used to be an unpartitioned space in your hard drive) ... nonetheless you would have to reformat that unusable partition eventually ;)

alright ... with your 150mb OS, i'll bet installation would just be so quick :) if there would still be any existing partition ... delete all partitions 1st (no need to create ... unless you want to divide you hdd space) & just hit enter to install in the defautl unpartitioned space ... oh well i trust you know this :) just coundn't stop my fingers from typing ... he! he!

I think it happens when you do not install to the active partition. So the boot record of the active aprtition is modified, just adding the install you created to the existing one.

I think it happens when you do not install to the active partition. So the boot record of the active aprtition is modified, just adding the install you created to the existing one.

correct, and loads of crap files are left over, so its best to format the windows partition/drive before installing :)