logon scripts

Alright so i have a basic mapped network drive batch file that works.

example:

net use z: \\server\share /persistent:no

and the batch file works, i've tested it and it works how i want it to, it's specified in ADUC, but it doesn't run when i login. i've done gpupdate /force, and everyone has read perms, but nothing's working. i've rebooted and nothing's working.

where is the group policy applied to in conjunction to what OU the users are in. Apply the script to authenticated users and over the OU the users are in and see if that works.. if it does, go back from there until you have it applied at the spot you want it.

is the path of the script in the user properties pointing to a local drive (c:\login.bat) or to a UNC that everyone has access to(\\server\share\login.bat)

and when you log on to the workstations can you take that same path that you typed in user properties and run it from the workstation?

Does the login script contain anything else besides the drive mapping? If so, does it work?

You might want to try to add some simple debugging info like echoing the command and output to some file or just echo something to a file to see if the file is even parsed.

Hi - long time listener, first time caller here :hello: .....

How many DCs do you have? And are you sure the change has replicated?

Can you check with ADUC against the DC that authenticated them?

Oh, and if you're specifying the logon script through ADUC's profile tab, is it just the filename that you've put in there, or the full UNC path?

If it's the full UNC path, can you try changing it to just the filename (eg logon.bat, rather than \\192.168.2.1\share\logon.bat) - and copying the file to sysvol\sysvol\domain.com\scripts folder?

Check that it appears in \\DC-Server\netlogon - and give it time to replicate to whichever DC is going to be authenticating them.

I *think* - but I don't *know* - that you can't specify full paths in the ADUC profile tab's field. If you want to point to a script outside of \\DC-Server\netlogon - you need to do it via Group Policy (and if your clients are NT/9x) - it won't run the script on them.

• 2 weeks later...
UNC and yes

there is NO need for UNC path for logon scripts, just write the script name like logon.vbs on the user profile tab and it should work ... scripts MUST reside inside NETLOGON folder within your SYSVOL share

Edited by klasika