Scsi adapter help

prnstar

Trying to install XP on a friends computer and I'm stuck big time.

M/b GA BX2000

added a pci Scsi host adapter suppossedly compatible with xp, Tekram DC-315u.

had to load Xp by putting an ide cdrom drive in temporarily. everything installed ok and i got the host adapter installed ok. However the OS can't find the Scsi cdrom or Scsi burner. Teac CD532s and burner CD-R56s. I,ve tried everything i can think of but the system still wont recognize them, does anyone have any ideas. Think i have the jumper settings correct on the Scsi drives this may also be causing part of the problem. HELP.

So let me get this straight, u get absolutly nothing in the systems properties/hardware/device manager. It doesnt show the scsi raid contoller or the cd burner in the dvd/cd drives section. Have u tried to manually install in the add hardware section???

and are u using ur own drivers, cause xp should have installed its own. It wouldnt matter if ur jumper settings were wrong cause xp should have found ur scsi/raid contoller unless its not configed properly in ur cmos

U cant use ur scsi in dos unless u install the scsi drivers that came with the burner.....so it wont show up in located hardware on bootup but should be found and workable in windows

I running an Adaptec SCSI Card 2930c Ultra with a sony 160s burner and have had no probs so I would check ur cmos settings if windows is not locating anything

the tekram host adapter is appearing no problems in device manager and says no conflicts. Just that the two cdrom's attched to it wont appear at all in device manager. I have the latest xp drivers for the tekram adapter, so thought it would be ok. I'll check to cmos and thx for help

well if ur getting the adapter in ur properties and not the cd roms, I would check ur jumper settings on the back of the cd roms one should be master and the other a slave if ur only running the two, you should at least be able to get one working ???

give us more info if u cant sort it out

Yeh true, but if ur trying to hook up two scsi cd roms it wouldnt matter cause you should have at least one of them working or found at least by the windows os

dude I would check all over and make sure I got all my jumper settings right, is there power running correctly to the cd roms at least????

cause if there powering and the cables are connected right, you should be getting something........right??

Powers getting to them, they light up when you open them. LED on the adapter card is on. I have made as many changes in the bios that i think would have been relevant. I changed the jumper settings on the cdroms but still nothing. This has me stuffed.

All I can say is that if u scsi adapters working fine and the powers running to the cd roms and they seem to be functioning fine then ur problem gotta be in the cables check ur cable connections and the pins/plugs on the back of both cd roms to see if theres any bent pins or anything

doesnt make sense if theres not a prob in the cables :eek: