Too Many Security Updates Missings after UpdatePack

Mr Reorg

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Unattended forum, or even on Ryan's forum. (Would it be considered a double post if I do so on Ryan's forum? After all, His is not a sub forum of MSFN.)

I ran the MS BSA on my freash install and it said there were over 40 updates missing; the list includes hotfixes from 2003 thru 2006! :o Interestingly, I also ran a Windows (or is now Microsft) Update for comparison. That showed only 2 items missing. :unsure:

What's going on here? Which report should I rely on? Suggestions? Newbie needs help.

Nlite was used to slipstream SP2 on a clean DEll OEM XP Home and also add the latest Ryan's post SP2 UpdatePack v.2.1.0, Ryan's WMP10 addon v. 2.8 as well as Ryan's WGA addon 1.5.540.0. I manually executed the DOTNet 2.0 switchless installer found on Ryan's Site.

Before I discovered MSFN and about unattended slipstreamed installs, I always used the BSA to keep my PC updated instead of Windows Update. Since Ryan's update pack is dated July 14th, I expected to see some items missing, but not items from past years.

When a file is missing, MBSA reports a missing patch.

So MBSA doesn't know that one hotfix replaced another? So it thinks the older one is missing? That might make sense if that is all it were doing. But it's reporting KB #'s missing that are listed by Ryan as being included.

Is there a log of the KB #'s that were actually integrated by nLite? Where can I find it?

Edited by Mr Reorg

Did you remove some thing with nlite ? many kb are linked to component and services that can be removed by nlite. Then you dont need anymore thos kb. I personnaly dont use Ryan update pack, since my xp spk2 cd show only 4 KB missing in the windows updates section.

Yes but as soon as you remove a file that had a flaw, MBSA complains.

By removing WMP, I become immune to all flaws in WMP. But MBSA will say you need to install a KB.

To be more precise (and if I remember correctly), MBSA says it has been impossible to determine the version of the file.