[Help] Deleting Profiles With Batch Files

gamehead200

Hey everyone,

Right now, I`m in the process of deleting profiles on 100+ laptops at my job in order to keep the computers clean. My question to you is the following... Is there a way to delete all the profiles EXCEPT certain ones by using a batch file? All this consists of is deleting the folders in the Documents and Settings folder and their contents except for certain folders (such as All Users and Administrator). There is a tool called delprof from Microsoft, but it just deletes everything except for the All Users folder. Can someone suggest a way of doing this?

Thanks. :)

You could use RoboCopy to move the unwanted files into the Recycle Bin, or to another temporary directorty that you then just delete. Robocopy has an option to exclude files/directories that match certain criteria.

I'm sure that there are ways to make fancy "for all except" type statements in batchfiles, but I have no clue how to do them. :P

@echo off&&cls
echo Cleaning profiles ...
for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir "%AllUsersProfile%\.." /b') do (
if not "%%a"=="Administrator" ( if not "%%a"=="All Users" rd /q /s "%AllUsersProfile%\..\%%a" 2>NUL )
)
echo Done.
echo.
echo New profiles list :
dir "%AllUsersProfile%\.." /b
pause>NUL

That clears all profiles except All Users and Admin.

It re-display list of profile to check if all it's done (for example to check if a file/folder is persistent ...)

Please Yzöwl do not ridicule (?) me with your future compacted/optimized batch ^^

Why not just use the delprof.exe reskit utility?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

As I mentioned above... It doesn't do what I want. Delprof either deletes all the profiles except for Administrator and All Users or prompts you for each profile. There are 300+ profiles on most of the desktops I will be using this on!!! :wacko: Also, I will be doing this from an account that has Admin privileges, so I don't want the Administrator folder to be deleted. ;)

Sonic, how would I add two profiles I do not want to delete to that batch file? For example, the names of the folders are "profile1" and "profile2". :}

Why not just use the delprof.exe reskit utility?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Because it deletes Administrator account too, isn't gamehead200 says ? (I havn't check myself ...)

edit: gamehead200 was fatest than my quote. ^^

Just add an "if" statement ...

@echo off&&cls

echo Cleaning profiles ...

for /f "tokens=*" %%a in ('dir "%AllUsersProfile%\.." /b') do (

if not "%%a"=="AnotherAccountYouWantToKeep" ( if not "%%a"=="Administrator" ( if not "%%a"=="All Users" rd /q /s "%AllUsersProfile%\..\%%a" 2>NUL )

)

echo Done.

echo.

echo New profiles list :

dir "%AllUsersProfile%\.." /b

pause>NUL

<snip>

That clears all profiles except All Users and Admin.

It re-display list of profile to check if all it's done (for example to check if a file/folder is persistent ...)

Please Yzöwl do not ridicule (?) me with your future compacted/optimized batch ^^

Now would I do that!
@ECHO OFF &SETLOCAL
FOR /D %%? IN ("%ALLUSERSPROFILE:\ALL USERS=%\*") DO (
ECHO/%%~N? |FINDSTR/IL "ADMINISTRATOR ALL\ USERS" >NUL 2>&1||RD/S/Q "%%~?")

Yzöwl ? the best ? ... YES!

For gamehead200, replace "ADMINISTRATOR ALL\ USERS" by all your wanted profiles, if space is in profile insert \ as same in example with All Users ...

Now would I do that!
@ECHO OFF &SETLOCAL
FOR /D %%? IN ("%ALLUSERSPROFILE:\ALL USERS=%\*") DO (
ECHO/%%~N? |FINDSTR/IL "ADMINISTRATOR ALL\ USERS" >NUL 2>&1||RD/S/Q "%%~?")

Holy crap, that's freakin' short and amazing!! :w00t:

Thanks guys!! :D