Imaging Software

Googler24022

• 2 weeks later...
I've been using Image for Windows from Terabyte Unlimited (http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/) for about two months now. It's pretty basic, but it does everything I've asked it to do - it will burn your image to a CD/DVD or create it on a second physical disk in your computer. I haven't tested it out yet, but it also allows you to backup your image to a USB or FireWire drive. Takes a little longer to restore an image - about 15-20 minutes from a DVD, 10-15 minutes from hard drive. It does not allow incremental backups; however, full backups only take about five minutes if backing up to a hard drive and take about 15 minutes when burning to a 4x DVD+RW.

The installation footprint is VERY small - less than 2 MB after you remove the 500K user guide - and the program is very easy to use. You can download the trialware version from the website above, and if you like it, the cost is only $27 to purchase - about $20 less than Ghost or True Image.

You should have opted for Bing. It has all the functions of Image + it can create incremental image sets. I have been using it for 4 years now. It has saved my b**t on many occassions. I can do all the experimenting I want on new OS / Installations without disturbing my current working partitions.

Edited by pmshah