[Request] Windows Defender Beta 2

nautical

I'll post the error on monday when I get back to work and test it on my test machine. But until then I was hoping someone would post a silent install of defender. Then maybe I can see what the user did. I'm having a little trouble understanding the guide, but some of it is helpful.

edited

Edited by nautical

It's my birthday and I'm in a good mood, so I'll spare you from a lot of what I really want to say.

I'll leave it at this - if you want any kind of acceptance and help around here, you're going to have to at least pretend that you care about how this stuff works. We're not here to be your personal assistants.

It's my birthday and I'm in a good mood, so I'll spare you from a lot of what I really want to say.

I'll leave it at this - if you want any kind of acceptance and help around here, you're going to have to at least pretend that you care about how this stuff works. We're not here to be your personal assistants.

Sorry, I was just a weeeeeee bit frustrated when I posted this. I've already tried several times to get it to work with nlite, as well as several other programs. Most of the programs I've integrated have worked fine, but winzip, oracle calendar, and defender have given me problems. I've given up on winzip and I'm just using winrar. I've also given up silently installing oracle calendar since it decided to place half of the Dll's in the C:\ root directory. I'm just installing it normally during windows setup.

I was hoping someone already has defender made and would post it so I can look at see what they did rather than spending hours browsing the internet for a solution and several more hours testing it on a test machine. I'm going to go read the unattended guide again to see if I can understand any more than I do now...

Sorry if I came off as rude.

Btw, happy birthday!

Jeff

(I also edited my 2nd post)

Edited by nautical

Okay...heres the error I'm getting when I try to install from a .cab OR from a batch file in the $OEM$ folder.

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package
Here is my batch file. Can you look over it to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Also, does the batch file have to be in a specific location?
ECHO.

ECHO Installing Windows Defender

ECHO Please wait...

Start "Windows Defender" /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Defender\setup.msi /s /v"/qn REBOOT=suppress"

Edited by nautical