To shutdown or to hibernate?

Of course you can't change hardware during hibernation because it's not really shut down. It's like changing parts while the system is running; as if you'd frozen time and done whatever you did. You should be shutting down normally every now and then anyway.

To answer your question, I don't know of a way to do this, but you might be able to do what Mazin has done, then swap the button IDs and change some text to turn the Shut Down button into a Hibernate button. As for hibernating from the console, NirCmd provides this functionality and much, much more. I use it all the time. Also, I believe there's a patch from Microsoft that adds a Hibernate button.

Speaking of which, I have yet to notice any problem with hibernating, which I do very often. However, I noticed Angelico_Payne mentioned some patches intended to fix bugs related to hibernation and computers with 1GB of RAM.

There are some things I found about hibernation effects.

It seems there can be problems, some are covered within SP2, but there are at least 2 pre SP3 hotfixes to coup with this :

Windows XP Patch: Hibernation Problem on Computers with 1 GB of RAM

Windows XP Patch: Hard Disk May Become Corrupted When Entering Standby or Hibernation

Can you link to these or provide the KB#? Both my systems have 1GB of RAM. I haven't yet noticed any problems, but one of these systems is brand new and the other was upgraded from 256MB just a few weeks ago, so it hasn't been long.

Also, there is the issue that every time you hibernate, you're writing a large amount to disk, and reading it back on restore. That probably does take a bit of a toll on the disk, but since it's one big non-fragmented file, it shouldn't be too bad.

why not configer bios to start pc wen ur back from sleep time or work en use e prog or batch to shutdown pc wen u go to sleep or use power saving mode tho auto go to stanby wen pc is idle

Because if you read the post you would know that I'm not doing this for myself :thumbup

I'm going with Mazin's solution, and also the more RAM comp has, the less faster hibernation works... along with other problems.

I had hibernation problems on one PC so far, 5 out of 10 times, he cannot continue the hibernation wake up, so a clean boot is required(but that PC had 256kk of RAM)