[Error] - Having problems installing windows XP

fbm2themex

Yes

I'd have bought an 80-pin cable for the CD-ROM too. I think it's backward compatible and you could use it on the HD for testing.

i made a disk driver that contains ITE211 controller...my mobo came with this cd, where it gives me a choice to put drives in bootable floppy disks...as windows is setting up, it says to press f6 to install a certain drive...so i press it, with the floppy inserted of course...and the computer detects the controller...installs it...and BAM...after its done...and windows about to install...i dont see the blue screen any more!!!

so for those who may have this...its about upgrading the motherboard with some certain drives...in order for some parts to work..

ps...

for some reason...it takes really kind of long to load to the windows logo....do i have to change a setting to speed up the loading process or what?

I don't know what else to say, except that installing the necessary drivers and controllers at the outset is taken for granted in any hardware problem. It's worth reading the MoBo manual too. If it comes with a CD then don't just ignore it.

As to why it takes long to load, you haven't said how long is long and without some monitoring (like what Bootvis does) your guess is as good as mine.

I don't know what else to say, except that installing the necessary drivers and controllers at the outset is taken for granted in any hardware problem. It's worth reading the MoBo manual too. If it comes with a CD then don't just ignore it.

As to why it takes long to load, you haven't said how long is long and without some monitoring (like what Bootvis does) your guess is as good as mine.

i took a screen shot...takes 27 secs to boot up...could it be my hdd thats slow or somthing else??

bootthingaa7.th.jpg

I don't know what the average is but 27s is pretty good! Certainly better than mine!

The graph shows prefetching is taking 17s to accomplish. What's your prefetch setting? There's a gap between video and shell, not sure why.

so 27 is the avg boot start up time?? i thought it was 20...

So the whole issue is over a difference of 7 sec? Enjoy your 27 sec boot, even w/the long prefetch. My corporate users average over a minute. Your boot time will change over time depending on what you do to the system also, but that isn't a problem as far as I can see.

Edited by Mordac85

so 27 is the avg boot start up time?? i thought it was 20...

So the whole issue is over a difference of 7 sec? Enjoy your 27 sec boot, even w/the long prefetch. My corporate users average over a minute. Your boot time will change over time depending on what you do to the system also, but that isn't a problem as far as I can see.

so its normal then...great...

thanks alot for the help!!!