Sound & Microphone Question

tubui

I was wondering if this is possible and how to do it:

I have:

Audio Adapter: Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller

I have speakers and a headset.

I was wondering, how do you say do this:

All the sound from the computer / music, etc, play from the speakers

and all the sound from Skype play from the headset headphone, and when I talk in microphone, my voice goes to the Skype receiver. I want to do this for Skype, Vent, TeamSpeak, Counter-Strike. Anything that involves speaking to another person, etc.

And everything from computer sounds to music I want to be played from the speakers.

Can someone tell me how to do this? Thank you.

Unplug your headphones?

No like, I want to be able to use my speakers and HEADSET.

But I want to seperate the sounds each receives like:

I want all sounds, windows, im's, music, to be played by speakers

and then I want ONLY sounds from Counter-Strike, Skype, Vent, or Team Speak to be received by headphones from headset. And mic goes only to the receiver of the game, skype, or vent. etc.

Build or buy a mixer or a switchbox. that would give you some options, other then that; no software will do that for you on that soundchip. There are some soundcards that you can program ;) ...

it'd be hard to do what you ask, but I had something similar setup at my place. Go to the dollar store and buy a simple audio jack splitter. Plug your speakers into one output and your headphones to the other.

Put the headset on and turn down the speakers when you're gaming/skyping, and then take off the headset and turn up the speakers when you're doing everything else. It's a lot simpler and cheaper than anything else out there, and it works just fine for me. :)