Spare 120mm Fan

3aces

as you can see from my sig..i have an Cube case, now it only has one slot for a 120 mm fan which has been changed to a silnx fan noise pollutiion was herendous..so now britain is looking at a very hot summer this year so i want to hook my spare fan up but im not sure how??

...you could attach it on to an existing 120MM fan to increase its efficiency.

I'm not sure how much that would help. The airflow through the second fan would now be turbulent, thereby greatly reducing it's efficiency.

Small cases do have that drawback of limited airflow, but one suggestion would be to get a Nexus or Yate Loon fan. They've got much better airflows than the SilenX fans (SilenX lies about their airflow numbers) and are still very very quiet. I've got a 120mm Nexus and an 80mm Nexus and I can barely hear them going.

Well, besides taking out the dremel, you could attach it on to an existing 120MM fan to increase its efficiency.

yep, that doesnt help at all, it usually hurts airflow. but cutting an extra fan hole would be a good choice.

Well, besides taking out the dremel, you could attach it on to an existing 120MM fan to increase its efficiency.
That will increase the amount of pressure (or vacum) that can be achieved...

Just a thought but you could possibly buy a little desktop fan [i.e. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0001IP...&n=11052681] and have its airflow point towards the case [presumably on the side where the air goes into the case].

You dont want it forcing the air in from the desktop fan I'd wager but rather, just to cool the air before it is being drawn in to the machine.

As a bonus, if the unit is on top of your desk. you'll get a nice cool breeze in the bargain ;)

Just a thought if u dont want to mod the case.

Regards

Nath.

If you have a finned heatsink like the SI-120, then you could place a fan at one end to draw in air and another fan at the other to expel the air. Hopefully the logic behind this idea is correct this time :D.

If you have a finned heatsink like the SI-120, then you could place a fan at one end to draw in air and another fan at the other to expel the air. Hopefully the logic behind this idea is correct this time :D.

well my zalamn takes care of cpu...but i want to put this fan to use..i feel modifying my case could be the only way