Where art thou, Drivers, that thou forget'st so long..

I have a small problem, and it's nothing I couldn't solve manually, but frankly, that sucks.

I'm building an unattended for some of the random systems in the office that the general image I built can't be used with, and for clean installs of out of office use computers.

I've installed driver pack after driver pack, and that has helped, but I was wondering if there is stand alone program that can collect drivers in a similar manner as nLite's ability to find all the drivers in a given folder, and then output a zip or a cab file that I can then use in nLite?

Thx! B)

More or less the answer is no. If such a solution did exist, many more IT professionals would have more hair. Bashrat the Sneaky has made DriverPacks, and if they're integrated properly that should cover almost all hardware. If somehow it doesn't have your drivers, check the manufacturer's website and Device Manager to find the proper drivers to download.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I have a small problem, and it's nothing I couldn't solve manually, but frankly, that sucks.

I'm building an unattended for some of the random systems in the office that the general image I built can't be used with, and for clean installs of out of office use computers.

I've installed driver pack after driver pack, and that has helped, but I was wondering if there is stand alone program that can collect drivers in a similar manner as nLite's ability to find all the drivers in a given folder, and then output a zip or a cab file that I can then use in nLite?

Thx! B)

Hi All, I recently came to know one program that identifies and lists drivers installed on the computer and, when connected to the Internet, allows you to search DriverGuide.com (and other sources) for driver updates and manufacturer sites. In addition, it allows you to backup your currently installed drivers for safe keeping. Backing up your Windows driver files means that they will be available to you the next time you need to reinstall the driver or the whole operating system. DriverGuide Toolkit places the driver files in one organized location of your choosing.

DriverGuide Toolkit is especially helpful in situations where you have a computer in your possession and the internal hardware is unknown. DriverGuide Toolkit can identify the hardware on the system and the associated drivers, back them up to a specified location, and find the latest driver updates for them. DriverGude Toolkit is even network compatible - you can just as easily connect to a remote computer on your network, backup drivers, and find updates!

So Check if it helps you........

You can download it from:

http://members.driverguide.com/director/di...hp?mode=toolkit

It is 5.57 MB

By n' Take Care!

:hello::hello: