nLite: Windows XP Home SP2 hotfix integration without WMP 10 and MSN M

Demo

Hello!

I am going to create a copy of Windows XP Home SP2 nLite made for unattended installation. In order to check which hotfixes are to be installed, I read Incroyable HULS's topic, where the author says that those hotfixes are for Windows "WITH Windows Media Player 10 & MSN Messenger 7 installed".

Obviously, I am working on the original copy of Windows XP, and thus I will install WMP 10 and MSN Messenger 7 only after the installation of the OS, so, I do not want to integrate wrong hotfixes, what have I to do?

Thank you! :)

Just download RyanVM Update Pack (comes with messenger 4.7.3001) update and dont worry bout the other hotfixes, all the work has been done by Ryan and u can also integrate WMplayer 10+updates.

So just forget the single hotfixes u downloaded just integrate the update pack and u will be up to date till the month of july 2006 with mplayer10 and messenger 4.7 also flash and other neccesary updates

nLite Istructions

:no: forget the hotfixes delete them, they alredy come in the update pack

Edited by ricktendo64

Just download RyanVM Update Pack

This will not work for me, because that Pack is for the ENGLISH version of Windows, while I have the italian one! Anyway, thank you for your suggestion!

u can install all fixes. also the ones for wmp because nlite first integrates fixes and then remove components. so it doesnt matter.

Could you explain it better, please? The original version of the OS, has not the WMP 10 component to remove! :wacko:

just look at how nlite works

first integrate fixes and addons

then drivers.

after this its the components removals.....so if u integrate wmp10 and fixes for it, in the stage of component removals, nlite will remove all files related to wmp 10.....

so if u integrate wmp10 and fixes for it, in the stage of component removals, nlite will remove all files related to wmp 10.....

Yes, but I WILL NOT integrate WMP 10!!! :D

Because I am working on a original copy of Windows, WITHOUT WMP 10 and MSN Messenger 7!

Edited by Demo

i know u party all night ...but what i said was just an example...... :D

:D:D

boooggy, perhaps I did not make me understand... Your explanation was good, but it does not resolve my problem! :no:

So, I try to make a simpler question.

Incroyable HULK wrote: "WITH Windows Media Player 10 & MSN Messenger 7 installed"; now I ask: if they ARE NOT installed, how have I to do? How have I to use his list?

Thank you for helping me, and please excuse me if I was boring! :blushing:

Edited by Demo

haha.....

like i said it doesnt make any difference...if u have wmp or messenger instaled....so u can uninstall htem and same thing.... :P

Even if I am not installing the hotfixes on a installed, running version of Windows, but integrating them into the installation CD-ROM of the OS, using nLite? B)

Thank you for your patience! :)

Edited by Demo