Positioning CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen

gamehead200

now that would be cool, have u tried resediting msgina.dll to try to find something that would control it? if that doesnt work then you can do it the lazy way, say u want the box on the bottom, then just make an image 500px in height with the top 200px being transparent.

This might be impossible if the dialog box is created from a resource, since it is always positioned in the center of the screen when it is created, just like a messagebox.

This might be impossible if the dialog box is created from a resource, since it is always positioned in the center of the screen when it is created, just like a messagebox.
Actaully, it looks like its slightly above the center. Also, ive seen systems that had the ctrl-alt-del dialog in the top right corner. i have no idea how they did it though.

The UA guide is your friend ;)

Make your prefs etc and export the regkey from

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TaskManager]

How exactly does that work? If I move the CTRL+ALT+DEL box and then press the key combination, it goes right back to the centre. :wacko:

@gamehead2000 maybe Task Manager removes those settings on exit? Try it while it's open and customized.

I'm not trying to position the Task Manager. I'm trying to position the CTRL+ALT+DEL login screen that appears when the Welcome screen is disabled! ;) You either have Home edition installed or have the Welcome screen enabled, since the Task Manager keeps popping up everytime you put in the key combination! ;)

That's not the CTRL+ALT+DEL login screen, that's the NT logon prompt! :P ANd you can change a setting so you don't have to press ctrl+alt+del.

Generally, ppl see ctrl+alt+del screen as taskman. Because the key combination isn't exactly the most prominent part of the nt logon screen.

I don't think you can customize it, UA'ly.