Subwoofer for my bedroom

3aces

i thinks this fits under here.. if not im sorry...

but i have a 500w sub i use in my car which is now obsolete because for my bday my gf brought me a whole alpine ice setup its v v vnice

but now i want to use this sub in my bedroom... i seen some ppl do it.. but i cant find anything out on how to go about doing this

can anyone help?? :D

is it an active sub? if not then you would need an amplifier, also is the sub already in its own box or do you need to buy or make one? bit more info on exactly what you want to do with it will help us to help you.... but what i can say is that its not gonna be hard to do whatever it is :thumbup

Your going to need to put an amp between ur pc and sub then, I currently have mine hooked upto my stereo which i then have 2x400w floorstanders, 1x200w sub, 4x50w surround.

Edited by ScubaSteve

Your going to need to put an amp between ur pc and sub then, I currently have mine hooked upto my stereo which i then have 2x400w floorstanders, 1x200w sub, 4x50w surround.

ok i have an amp and a sub how do i go about wiring them.. because one thing i no im oing to need 12v to my amp but im not sure how to achieve that!!

ok u will need to get some connectors. These are kind of what your looking for , just a few more connectors seeing as u most likely have a 5.1+ sound card

hama_white_3.5mm_2_phono.jpg

You should have an AUX on your stereo , once you have the pc plugged into the AUX plugs on theback of the stereo u just switch to AUX mode then all sound will go through your stereo speakers, Hopefully you have enough speaker connectors on it so you can plug in individual speakers,

eg 1 for left 1 for right 1 for sub 2 for surround etc etc. Its kind of hard to explain, if i get time ill knock up a quick image of what i mean in photoshop.

i dunno if you'll want to use your car amp to power it still....

i'm not a big fan of hefty transformers myself, they get all hot n stuff.

since you're setting up this sub, don't you have a home theater receiver in the room?? that should pump out enough power.

anyways, good luck, it shouldn't be too difficult!

right well i have a hifi in my bedroom which has a output for a sub.. i tried to power it through the speaker connections but theres not enought power, and i cant find out the connection for the sub output.. its looks like the phono lead in da pic above but only 1 rca jack

tbh i want this to work becase my 330w technics speakers jsut dont do it for me anymore.. and im also getting my room sound proof so im goin all out.. any spare audio equipment i got will be used.. now that i have finshed school for the year my goal is to build the most amazing audio center any bedroom has ever seen, but im a student so it means i dont have alot of money to spend!!

Edited by POW!!