Sony Vaio VGC-RC210G RAID Drivers

I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RC210G with a RAID-0 setup in which one hard drive is bad. Windows XP hangs at the black "Microsoft Windows XP" screen. I'm trying to reinstall (or repair) the Windows installation from an XP retail disc, so I can boot Windows and back up my data. However, when Windows Setup loads, it doesn't see my hard drives.

One of the first prompts when Windows Setup loads is to press F6 if you have a third-party RAID driver. I contacted Sony, and he couldn't direct me to anywhere they could be downloaded. I thought if I located these drivers, Windows Setup would at least see my RAID-0 hard drives.

I have an external floppy drive, and I'm vaguely familiar with the idea of slipstreaming certain drivers into the Windows XP CD, but generally speaking I'm lost on this issue, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

» Posting Guidelines
2. Use some common sense. Don't post your question under multiple topics. Think before posting and choose the right topic for you question or answer. When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now :-).

• 2 years later...

Hey. I need a copy of the recovery disk horribly as SONY has discontinued it and my system is shot. The options they give you are all 100$+ and give you no future hardware to do it yourself. Tragic. Please call me if you can help me with a copy or the original. coscarelli17@gmail.com Thanks!