Testing your batches

Does anyone out there in Auto XP Installation land know an easier way to test your batch files other than re-installing XP every time?

I use VMWare to test my CD, but its still very time consuming process just to test little aspects. (Like seeing if it removes a desktop shortcut properly etc.)

if you have an already installed XP OS in Virtual PC, you can test your batch (hotfixes, applications), just dump everything in the c:\install\ folder.

You can't test the deletion of shortcuts unless it exists on the test OS.

In the newest VMware version there is a button "snapshot" or something like that.

Install XP on your virtual machiene and BEFORE you start the zoo of installing-scripts, press the snapshot button. then test whatever you want and if you tested enough, you can make a rollback to the state you pressed the snapshot-button.

ok?

In the newest VMware version there is a button "snapshot" or something like that.

Install XP on your virtual machiene and BEFORE you start the zoo of installing-scripts, press the snapshot button. then test whatever you want and if you tested enough, you can make a rollback to the state you pressed the snapshot-button.

ok?

Why don't you install XP regularly, set a restore point, and then test 'em... :) Might work...

ok?

sounds good! Looks like a great timesaver :)

i have a way to test my things simple .

use vmware 4 install windows xp with all changes and see the erros. go to the end. ok

now install vmware tools (drag and drop bettewn the 2 o.s.)

make chanche in the first one (master) and simply copy to the second one (host) run in host until you dont get errors or popops .

ok they are some errors after you run the the firt time (the deleting thing)

thanks.