Game hang/blank screen

mark101

I have windows xp home and while playing delta force black hawk down on line after a while my screen goes black but my pc is still running and my monitor is still on,I cannot do anything but reset my pc and reboot,can anyone help?ps I am not very computer literate.Many thanks

Does the monitor go on standby when this happens? Check in the game options (if there's an external app available) to see if the resolution/refresh isn't set to high.

Does the DirectX 3D tests also blank your monitor? (Update your drivers if it does)

If no luck, its a faulty monitor (I've got one that's doing what you're explaining)

I've played this one on XP and it should work fine as long as the system itself meets all requirements. Does it also blank the screen if you are playing locally as well or only online?

Good game BTW...

No it only happens when playing on-line and yes my system more than meets the requirements,my monitor does not go on standby it just goes black and all drivers have been updated.HEEEEEEEEELP!!! :cry:

ok, I would suggest loading all of the latest patches for the game and maybe find a different server to play on, see if it happens only on the one server or on a different one as well...after that it may just need to be reinstalled on your system.

I've been having this same issue with Diablo II and LOD. The screen goes blank, system seems to be running, but there seems to be no CPU activity. Did some checking, and it seems to be an issue with DX9a, causing some type of kernel fault. I'm downloading DX9b, let you know if it fixes it.