HFCleanup - old Windows Update

saugatak

One question on HFCleanup.

If I HFSLIP all of the various Windows Update stuff, will HFCleanup fileset remove it?

Is it possible just to remove the old Windows Update junk like the FDV fileset does without touching the new Windows Update cabs?

A1. Yes, but only if you put the correct reducer in the folder.

A2. Yes, if you modify the reduction files. If you need windows update utilities that bad, just don't use the WU reducer. I think the orig WU is only two or three files, but IIRC they get overwritten when running hfslip (if the folders are populated correctly).

If I just run the windowsupdate reducer, it'll remove all the update files. I want to remove the old windowsupdate files like the FDV fileset does, and leave the new ones alone.

I guess the other alternative is not HFSLIP the new windows/office update files, run the windowsupdate reducer, and then download and install the update files after install.

But I was hoping to set it up to do it all in one go.

IIRC, the new windows update *replaces* the original files (the new windowsupdate has the same filenames and a few extras). So there is really isn't any old windowsupdate files to remove.

Well, then I guess my question was pointless :blushing::wacko:

Sorry about that.

Edit: What is the Windows Update removal set and Office Update removal set? The only thing I see that looks like it could be the right reducer set is "Service_AutomaticUpdates.rem".

Is that the reducer set I have to remove? Sorry for all the dumb questions.

Edited by saugatak