Install After Desktop Has Fully Loaded

:hello: Everyone,

Well my UA install is working fine for everything but one program. Which apparently need to install after the login and desktop are fully loaded. I have tried Runonce and Guirunonce with same problem. But after everything is done loading up I can install it with no problem at all. So is there a way of getting this file to load and install after the requirements of login and desktop are FULLY loaded?? I have also tried with the user startup folder with the same results. I have searched the forums fo the better part of today looking for an answer but couldn't find one.

TIA

jd

Edited by 03GrandAmGT

03GrandAmGT, what is the progam? Someone on here may well have a solution.

Otherwise XPlode has a 'sleep' function - so you could run from (GUI)runonce and have xplode wait for 60sec or whatever and then install the program. WPI does the same sort of thing although I can't remember if it will sleep or not, I only used it a couple of times.

It might be an idea to find out why the program needs the full desktop to install.

03GrandAmGT, what is the progam? Someone on here may well have a solution.

Otherwise XPlode has a 'sleep' function - so you could run from (GUI)runonce and have xplode wait for 60sec or whatever and then install the program. WPI does the same sort of thing although I can't remember if it will sleep or not, I only used it a couple of times.

It might be an idea to find out why the program needs the full desktop to install.

Program is Meedio. It's a Home Theatre program like MCE but better.

I would much rather do it from a batch file, as all other apps and installs are already in that format.

The people of that software were bought out by Yahoo (CRAP).

Get sleep.exe from the downloads section of the unattended guide.

In a batch

sleep 30
start program.exe /switches
exit

I'll try that, THANKS.

You can use the ping cmd instaed of sleep and you do not have to download nothing

for the ping cmd it built in.

This will pause the script for approx 30 seconds

ping -n 30 127.0.0.1>nul

I saw your post on another thread about that and thought YA that's it. Tried it and no go.

Or you ca use the -w switch to specify an exact time in milliseconds. This line will wait 15 times (-n switch) 2000 ms (-w) = 30 sec :

ping -n 15 -w 2000 127.0.0.1 > nul

++

I'll try that to.

Thanks for all the tips on this issue so far. I just really find it hard to believe that this program Meedio will not install until the full desktop is loaded or so it appears that way. Anyway Thanks Again for the tips and the ones I haven't tried I will give it a shot.

Thanks

jd

In any CMD file you use at T-13 (that's where I do it) or T-12, add the following line:

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v CMDs /d %SystemDrive%\Path\To\Meedio.cmd /f
Assuming that Meedio.cmd is placed where Meedio.exe is, this is your Meedio.cmd:
@echo off

CD %SystemDrive% >NUL

echo Installing Meedio

START /WAIT %SystemDrive%\Path\To\Meedio.exe /YourSwitchesHere

REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v CMDs

del %SystemDrive%\Path\To\Meedio.exe

del %SystemDrive%\Path\To\Meedio.cmd

The last two lines are optional.

Edited by mazin