deleting

west117wolf

The Run file I was referring to is the one on the start button that is below "search". I would like to be able to delete the urls associated with the web sites visited as well as any program i have asked for it to access.

Hope this helps.

West

1. Go to Start> Run and type "regedit" (without the quotes).

2. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, select Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/RunMRU.

3. Click on RunMRU once to display its contents in the right pane.

4. In the right pane, select the commands you want removed (denoted as a, b, c, d, etc.) one by one and press Delete to remove them.

5. Exit the Registry Editor saving changes.

6. Restart Windows.

That should be it, assuming I got what you were looking for! :whistle:

Actually, clearing the MRU is only good until you do something else and Windows will re-create the MRU list. Now depending on how bad you hate seeing the list you could set a policy to clear your recent files on exit.

You can review Microsoft's write up on the policy here to be sure that's what you want b/c it also clears typed URL's as well (which are different than visited URL's stored in index.dat).

Key:   HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Name: ClearRecentDocsOnExit
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: (0 = disable, 1 = enable)

Otherwise you can just do so manually, like DSX described, from a script when the mood strikes you.

There are many utils and batch files that can be run from your Startup folder for a daily cleanup.

You can set these programs to delete just about anything you want. To even edit the registry.

I run "MRU Blaster" in my own Startup folder along with my own "XPCleanup.bat" program.

It's like daily Maid Service. :thumbup

cheers3.gif