Microsoft's new Kernel Patch Protection scheme sucks!

AllUltima

who is microsoft to start dictating to us what we can and cannot do to our own peice of software that we PAYED for. thats bull**** right there for ya.

That's blasphemy! Thou darest not blaspheme against the OS God, Microshaft!

Your HARD Drive will go soft and your mouse will die. ;)

There are many places left in this world where hackers roam free and licensing is a dirty word.

The new Russia for one. It's the new land of the FREE (programmer) and home of the brave (hacker).

For an OS?....I'm well prepared to go back to 98/SE if I have to. I still have that old Ghost Image of my HD with 98/SE on it.

M$ can stick that vista where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.

I learned Commodore Basic, DOS, windows 3.1, win-95, win-98 and win ME before I was forced to learn Windows XP. It can't be any harder to learn Linux. There's always more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty!

B)

I'm not saying it's a really good thing, but it may get rid of a lot of bi-curious Linux/Windows dualbooters. Windows isn't about customization, it's about simplicity and ease of use. It's about not having to modify the core to get everything you want out of it. Linux is the exact opposite. In general, the people that use Windows for what Windows can do shouldn't really care either way, but the people that feel the need to m0d their Wind0ez as much as they possibly can should break out the Linux books.
...and you are not aware what much of MSFN is about? Know about nLite?

Virtual drive emulation will now be impossible, along with many other things that some drivers, firewalls, and antivirus software may want to do.

Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% users are screwed. :realmad:

Virtual drive emulation + Daemon tools or Alcohol makes me thinking about cracking games protections. It seems a good idea (it will reduce piracy), but they are ignoring people who buy their games, but don't want to have the disc in the drive (there's at least two very good reasons to do that : 1. optical drives makes noise ; 2. having a disc in makes the drive used for nothing, reducing its life).

Windows is a "gamer" system, and we can take for sure that a windows that do not allow gamers to play like they want will not reach any public.

It seems like MS decided that XBox is enough to play...

++