Unattended files

To create shortcuts, you need to use INF files, otherwise the dirs won't be detected correctly.

It may be a way to do this in VBS, but I have no experience with VB.

Example, adapt to your needs [excerpt from 2G.INF, part of 98SE2ME]:

[Version]Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]

UpdateInis=UI

[uI]

%10%\SETUP.INI,progman.groups,,"0="

%10%\SETUP.INI,0,,"""File Manager"","%10%\WINFILE.EXE",,,,"%10%",,""File Manager (Short File Names only): versatile + customizable disks, folders + files editing + viewing management tool"""

%10%\SETUP.INI,0,,"""Registry Editor"","%10%\REGEDIT.EXE",,,,"%10%",,""Registry Editor: Registry editing + viewing management tool"""

%10%\SETUP.INI,0,,"""System Configuration Utility"","%11%\MECONFIG.EXE",,,,"%11%",,""System Configuration Utility: Registry, Startup + System Files editing + viewing management tool"""

%10%\SETUP.INI,progman.groups,,"G2=Accessories\Games"

%10%\SETUP.INI,G2,,"""Spider Solitaire"","%10%\SPIDER.EXE",,,,"%10%",,""Play Spider Solitaire Card Game"""

%10%\SETUP.INI,G2,,"""Space Cadet Pinball"","%28700%\Pinball\PINBALL.EXE",,,,"%28700%\Pinball",,""Play Space Cadet 3D Pinball Game"""

[sourceDisksNames]

1=,,0

HTH

Edited by MDGx

• 3 months later...

I would not recommend Pkzip as it's not free and requires an email even for the demo.

http://nct.digitalriver.com/fulfill/0018.035

Look into this one instead :

http://www.izarc.org/izarccl.html

For the batch file posted above you'll need to have marble.zip present in program files before running the command and the commandline util somewhere in the search path otherwise it won't work IMO.