processes.... processess

bojo

hi,

ive seen a pc running "stripped down" windows xp.

**** it shuts down fast.

im going to make my own nlite cd for x64 soon, setpoint refuses to work full stop now.... but thats anotehr story.

just wonderin, what processes and stuff i should remove or disable to speed up the pc... im sik of having heaps ofe xtra stuff running.

sorry but gotta say thats a little odd (stupi*) question.as you,your self said XTRA STUFF you gotta take out everything that you dont need.

just be careful to not remove items with caution or be careful with them.

first decide what purpose is your windows for then remove unneeded items.

i nlited a winxp for my gaming to 239mb B)

Edited by fatalwoomera

problem is, i cant seem to understand what half of them are, and if i am using them or not...

i have no idea what the core ones windows needs V the useless ones i cant use (like network printing or sumtin like that)

...ive seen a pc running "stripped down" windows xp.

**** it shuts down fast...

IMO, that should be the least of your concerns. With unneeded services and background stuff disabled or removed, it is possible to get it to shut down much faster, but be careful with that. There's an option in nLite to enable faster shutdown and this can cause problems because some stuff requires extra time to write to the disk before it's terminated.

As for what to remove, all anyone can do is give a very generic recommendation because the requirements for every user can be very different. nLite is documented pretty will (within the GUI i mean). Paying *CLOSE* attention to the descriptions is a must. These forums are another fantastic source of info. Also see the Important Topics section here.