Setup cannot access the CD containing Windows Xp installation files.

ranviry

Please help me!

I used nLite to remove some components and make an ISO. After burning it, it boot from CD ROM, and install XP. All are alright until it checks drive C before installing on it (as I choose C: to install XP). After the check is complete, I got a blue screen with this:

"Setup cannot access the CD containing Windows Xp installation files."

Is there anyone got the same situation? Please help me.

No. My computer is a bit old. :( . Here is it spec:

Ce 566 Mhz

Ram 128 MB.

HDD: 6,4 GB

I have search in this forum and found out that I'm not the only one got that situation. Why? I cannot understand. Hic hic..... Everything seems alright till that xyz screen appears.....

However, I have test many times and have to throw 14 CD in to trash as I can't got an ideal trimed down XP installation CD.After burning the 15 th CD and still got that message: "Setup cannot access the CD containing the Windows XP installtion files. Press Enter to Retry, F3 to ....", I have decided to buy a CD-RW and wait for response from here.

I'm really exhausted.....

If anybody have successfully created a good Xp installtion ISO with nLite, please send me one? Okie?

Or maybe you can Trim it down with all the components removed and make an ISO, then you can send me it. (I have tried this and got a 90 MB ISO but still can't install using that ISO). My email is Ranviry15@gmail.com

However, I have test many times and have to throw 14 CD in to trash as I can't got an ideal trimed down XP installation CD.After burning the 15 th CD and still got that message: "Setup cannot access the CD containing the Windows XP installtion files. Press Enter to Retry, F3 to ....", I have decided to buy a CD-RW and wait for response from here.

I'm really exhausted.....

Try with virtual machines : http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/20/ :whistle:

Does the problem still happens ? (it is likely to but who knows ?)

Since I never played with this, I don't really know what has been done or not. Could you create a RAR/ZIP/7z archive with dosnet.inf, layout.inf, txtsetup.sif and attach it ?

If anybody have successfully created a good Xp installtion ISO with nLite, please send me one? Okie?

Or maybe you can Trim it down with all the components removed and make an ISO, then you can send me it. (I have tried this and got a 90 MB ISO but still can't install using that ISO). My email is Ranviry15@gmail.com

Illegal and forbiddent by the forum rules. ;)

As I have said , my computer is not strong enough to run Virtual Machine. I'm now using the CD RW to create ISO to test.

I have made a new ISO with nothing moved from the original source of installation files and it goes well. :thumbup .But I don't need that. Yes. :( Hic hic.

Having tried to search in the forum and found 5 matches with similar situations but all got no satisfied answer. :unsure:

OH no! :huh: Why does everybody get a wonderful ISO except me (and someone else)? Maybe I should giv eup the hope to have a trimed down Windows XP installtion.

and :

Illegal and forbiddent by the forum rules

I'm terribly sorry, I didn't notice that.

• 1 month later...

Havin the same problems ... and i burned at the lowest speed ... boots from cd fine .. loads everything ... it seems fine till right after you choose the partition to install to ... thats when error comes up

any help would be much appreciated .

thanks

-yal