[Question] Cooling

Maleko

Atm, its getting very hot here in the UK.

My AMD64 3700+ got to 50'c last night, now I have stock cooling still.

Firstly Im unsure of getting a different fan, as they are a lot of money, but was wondering if it would be an idea to take off the 80MM fan from the heatsink (they are 80mm arent they?) and get an adapter that goes from 80mm to 120mm, and out a big 120mm fan on instead?

Just buy a new HS/Fan, they arent expensive at all. A top notch HS/Fan like the Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro will only set u back around £15 and will drop those temps down to low 40 even at full load

i couldnt get that one I said, wasnt in **** stock, and who knows when it was gonna be :( so i got the copper one, exactly the same except it dotn support AM2 (would be mnay years till i get that chip anyway) and its not silver...i like dit silver with green fan..oh well...

Seems to be doing a good job anway. It blow the heat out toward my rear exhaust, very good, then it goes straight out the system.

50°C is well within the temperature limit of your processor (max=67°C).

Unless you're overclocking, you shouldn't need anything more than stock.

But now that you just bought a better cooler, you should put it to use and start overclocking :)

Edited by LLXX

Its dropped a good 5'c, and I loaded a intese game on it, fully loading the CPU and it didnt go above 47'c, which i was please with.

Also, looking at it, caus ei have a blue light already, a green LED one might have looked weird, as you can only just see the LED's. So Im happy with the plain copper one now.

50°C is well within the temperature limit of your processor (max=67°C).

Unless you're overclocking, you shouldn't need anything more than stock.

But now that you just bought a better cooler, you should put it to use and start overclocking :)

thats true but people get worried, my cpu barely goes above 40C and thats with it overclocked 600mhz