Big Open Box for w98++

Do you maybe know which one do I have to change ? All ?

Dialog 1536, 1537 and 1547 ...

but not end, because the standard view is the view "List", and after using the "FileOpenPatcher" - view "Details" ("Big Open Box" I do not have).

Edited by egrabrych

Do you maybe know which one do I have to change ? All ?

I've changed: Dialog -> 1547

I haven't find any use to change 1536, 1537 or 1548.

You should compare with the one modded by Fredledingue, to start with the same values in your localized version (that is to say the Dll in your own language),

or just drag the boxes with your cursor in the Dialog of Resource Hacker.

Here is my own final version (click for true size): post-200646-0-14217600-1340219694_thumb.

Note that the 'Read-only' box and the 'Help' button has been restored in their original place ;) .

HTH :)

Charles.

Edited by CharlesF

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

unfortunately I have another question.

CorelDraw 11 seem to be not handling well the increased height of the list box because when I want to save files the dialogs which should be below the listbox

are now covered by it !!

Is there anything that I can choose for listbox in 'style', 'exstyle' or 'listbox' to inform corel about the new height ??

Charles, how exactly did you restore 'read-only' ??

Thank you,

Mikl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MiKl,

as I told you, use a Resource editor and "play" with the boxes in Dialog -> 1547 of your COMDLG32.DLL.

After a few tests, you will find the better version for your use, depending of what program you are running.

I don't know a way to force CorelDraw to behave otherwise.

BTW, the address for Fredledingue DLL has changed: Big Open Box for W98.

• 1 month later...

CorelDraw 11 seem to be not handling well the increased height of the list box because when I want to save files the dialogs which should be below the listbox

are now covered by it !!

If you put a copy of the original Comdlg32.dll in the CorelDraw folder, you can customize it (or not) to work best with CorelDraw. The customized version in Windows\System will affect all other apps.

If CorelDraw uses a resource template for its extra controls, you may be able to modify that resource to move them down below the expanded listbox.

Can someone point out to me a specific situation (which command; in what) in which the window of dialogue 1547 of the Comdlg32.dll file only appears 'as a whole', that is with the "Open as read-only" window?

post-293708-0-29573100-1347916442_thumb.

I always see it without the accompanying window,

post-293708-0-54258700-1347916422_thumb.

and only on the Resource Hacker's view I can see it 'as a whole'.

Edited by egrabrych

If the

OFN_HIDEREADONLY Hides the Read Only check box.
0x00000004

flag is set in the OPENFILENAME structure that is passed by an app to the GetOpenFileName function, that template check box will be hidden. I think this is what most apps do (directly or indirectly through a wrapper class).