WGA phone home

Jazkal

Those who use pirated Windows obviously know what cracks are and aren't afraid to use them, and defeating WGA is by no means difficult compared to some of the other software copy-protection systems out there. Thus the intent of WGA as an anti-piracy measure is an absolute failure.

The main purpose of WGA isn't so much to deter pirates from using the software, but to identify those that have been fooled by pirates who "bought" XP thinking it was legal.

Threre are a few % who fooled by pirates comparedto those who delibrately use it.

Some people who are unaware of that and still using will end up in caught by WGA and then ...... procedures ....

But the ones who use delibrately will definitly finds the tool 2 break that

in simple Googling u can get the crack for tha latest WGA/ or any change which merly attempting 2 break their work (piracy)

Afterall M$ doesnt bother abt what is running PIRATED or ORIGINAL

They want only $$$$$.

If u get by copying/downloading and pay Microsoft for that then it is LEGAL!!!!

(that occurs when WGA fails to verify - telling us to contact M$)

The main purpose of WGA isn't so much to deter pirates from using the software, but to identify those that have been fooled by pirates who "bought" XP thinking it was legal.
Bingo!

At least one person gets it :)

As for "Threre are a few % who fooled by pirates comparedto those who delibrately use it." - how do you know?

All it takes is for a few companies to have paid a 3rd party for a "discounted" volume licence for their thousands of client machines, but it turns out that it's not actually legal and Microsoft never saw any of the money... and this does happen.

The company bought the software in good faith, perhaps even the reseller sold it in good faith, but their supplier might have sold them dodgy pirated software.

This happened to one of our suppliers of IT software and hardware when I worked for a bank in the UK - a reputable company, but they got hoodwinked by one of their suppliers.

The end users didn't know they had pirated software, the reseller didn't know they were selling pirated software - a tool wuch as WGA is the only feasible way for these people to be aware, not to punish them but to help identify the origins of the priacy rings.

This is not to try to persuade the end users that deliberately installed illegal software to mend their ways, but to make people who paid for illegal software aware that they did so.

The idea of WGA is fine, in theory. I think Microsoft has a right to check and see if the OS is pirated or not. The problem I have is the daily check in. Maybe someone can explain the logic behind it, i mean once the OS checks out as legit, why keep checking in?

The idea of WGA is fine, in theory. I think Microsoft has a right to check and see if the OS is pirated or not. The problem I have is the daily check in. Maybe someone can explain the logic behind it, i mean once the OS checks out as legit, why keep checking in?

U said it :thumbup