Top Process Killer needed

Appleadameve

Here's the problem: I couldn't get a very clean disconnection from the dial-up internet line. It happens because of the firewall program I'm using isn't too compatible with the Windows ME system. Casually there's a "RNAAPP.exe" running in the back of Windows which can't have it's running process killed with a program called "Process Explorer 6.0.3", so does anyone knows anything that could really kill the "RNAAPP.exe" process? because I can't shut down my PC properly if the running process of the "RNAAPP.exe" keep hanging in there, as Windows's shut down system can't kill it's process either!

If a program is being run automatically (check your start-up group) that accesses the modem and leaves the port open - you need to either change the configuration of that program, or remove it from the STARTUP group.

If AOL was or is installed on the computer, deleting all AOL adapters, and MS Windows dial-up adapters (networking), then re-boot and re-install the MS dial-up adapter may solve the problem.

You will to end task the program first that is holding the port open than RNAAPP.exe

both "Bazooka Spyware Scanner" & "Spybot Search & Destroy" are for finding spywares, they're not process killers. I think Outpost Firewall would do the same task much sooner than the Spybot, and Bazooka is the fastest one ever, it just goes "BAZOOMMMM!!"

The only thing I found useful is "AutoShutdown 4.5", it could shut down all the locked up processes & the explorer.exe without corrupting the boot sector/section of my HDD, hence saving the chances of Windows running the scandisk after the PC's crashed shutdown, because a bad/crashed shutdown could make my HDD read my HDD's free spaces incorrectly.

AutoShutdown works fine on my PC only if I've configured it's program settings correctly for my PC's specification.

Edited by Appleadameve

Only ONe I've used and found most useful has been:

System Information - By juan M. Aguirregabiria

Can modify and terminate Parent\Child windows

Can Kill Processes

Can view threads and Modules In use by processes

Can Change the process priority of a process

Amongst other features.

Its an old program dating since win95 and is very overlooked. Quite frankly, I consider it the best one made.

There are only 2 or so matches on google to an older version of it so I've provided the latest release that I've got in a rar. http://mechresource.myvnc.com/upload/sinfo.rar only 128kb and no installer to run.