[Help] My PC is not shown on network

sk8er_boi

You say you have no firewalls installed...but what about the Windows firewall that is part of the security center in WinXP SP2? If this is on, then that may explain why the other computers can't see or ping you.

I would assume by you statement that there are no firewalls installed that you have the windows firewall disabled as well, but I thought I'd just throw that out there--sometimes it's the simpliest things that can be overlooked.

Have you (and Do you use) a nForce board with integrated ethernet ?

No i have via chipset bithj a via ethernet

You say you have no firewalls installed...but what about the Windows firewall that is part of the security center in WinXP SP2? If this is on, then that may explain why the other computers can't see or ping you.

I would assume by you statement that there are no firewalls installed that you have the windows firewall disabled as well, but I thought I'd just throw that out there--sometimes it's the simpliest things that can be overlooked.

No i have disabled windows firewall.

And now other pc's ping me but cant see my pc or enter my shares with typing \\mypc or \\192.168.1.10.

Even my wmware can't.

I noticed somethind when tyipng \\mypc error message says "Access Denied". there must be some setting about my pc.

Edited by cihatkarli

I think i had that problem and a nice guy here in MSFN helped me:

start menu > run > regedit

HKey Local Machine

System

CurrentControlSet

Control

Lsa

Look at the right side:

double click on restrictanonymous

set value = 0

• 2 weeks later...

Once sharing in enabled you should come up in network neighborhood.

I'm assuming this is a "workgroup" intranet and not a "domain" controlled environment.

Edited by MrGuy