Unattened Problem on T-13 Minutes

Hi

When I create my unattended cd, everything work except this annoying warning popup:

system.jpg

so the first thought i have in mind is the update that I intergrated with the unattended cd, after i analyze the file, and removing the one that is updating the window media components, even if i did that, i still get this error pop up. What kind of suggestion you guys would suggest for tackle this problem?

the other error, which i think i saw it before in this forum, is the nlite.inf error:

nlite.jpg

even if i extract nlite.inf and put it inside i386 folder, delete nlite.in_, it still gives me this error...i have running out of idea on how to tackle this error anymore, can anyone suggest a solution?

btw, since i mention nlite.inf, i use RC7 if anyone interested...oh, and i try the previous version and it still gives me the same thing...

Edited by bahamut0

I had the exact same problem with the System Restore. I don't use nLite, so I can't help you with that one.

But in the end, I had to move Windows Media Player 10 to RunOnceEx to get it to install properly. In fact there are a few Hotfixes that needs to removed from SVCPack.

Here is what my RunOnceEx looks like

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Tweaks.reg

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 7.0.7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\reader707.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Avast! AntiVirus Home Edition" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Avast.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SP-" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "CoDec Pack 2.3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %SystemDrive%\install\CoDecs\CoDec.inf, DefaultInstall,3" /F

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotNET20.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "WGA Notification" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KB905474.exe /q /n /z" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MP10.exe /q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KB891122.exe /q /n /z" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KB911565.exe /q /n /z" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\999 /VE /D "SysPrep and Reboot" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\999 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Reboot.cmd" /f

EXIT

When you find out the solution please report back, thanks!

I'm trying to remove "System Restore" all together. I NEVER use it.

I want to remove System Restore and the "Help & Tours" files during

the install phase.

Thanks!

i says its a fun game of doing a test of hotfixes to find out what one is doing that to you

good luck with it ..

i know the feeling doing it

i gave up trying to find it lol

60 hotfixes is too much work to find the one that .. doing it

i just install them in windows after :)

slackers way around it lol

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply.

Hmm..found out that if i install the windows media player hotfix from runonceex, then that annoying popup box won't appear on one disc, but appear on the second disc (which has exactly the same content....)

Combination of 0.99b and 1.0rc3 for nlite is what i used to counter this problem...although the problem still exist...for some discs....

try it with : /DisallowSystemRestore , it worked for me.

(1st screenhot)

Remove the nlite line from your svcpack.inf

(2nd screenshot)

simply why not to use ryan package?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What this got to do with ryans pack?

Edited by muiz

for the first question i posted, it ends up i take out some of the hotfix that affects windows media player, and that annoying pop up would be gone when i install in a computer machine (not vmware or virtual pc, as it still gives me this error...don't know why

for the nlite.inf, it seems like the windows installer cannot located the nlite.inf at the C:\Windows\inf location, which i don't know why nlite didn't copy it over there, i need to make a batch file just for copying the nlite.inf to these two location:

cmdow @ /HID

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\NLITE.INF" "%systemdrive%\windows\inf"

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\NLITE.INF" "%systemdrive%\windows\system32"

EXIT

and the command line for nlite will work for it...hmm..it maybe more easier to extract the content out of nlite.in_ from the cd, but i don't know how to do the command line version of it, can someone help me for this modification?

as for ryan pack, since my goal is to use the resources from the original as much as possible so that it would be easier to maintain and update, i know the switch is crazy if i don't use it, but once it work that just sits there with a batch file, and i don't need to touch it later on....unless it has a new version that totally crap the command switch that i used on the batch file.

your right. cmdlines.txt

Its a long time ago since i used nlite ( piece of crap software )

But use for the media player 10 hotfix :/quiet /norestart /DisallowSystemRestore