GUIRUNONCE and RUNONCEEX

Is it possible to install programs from GuiRunOnce and RunonceEx? during an unattended installation. the reason I am asking is because I currently have 5 programs that get installed from GuiRunOnce. I have added Nero 7 to the GuiRunOnce and it now pooches my install of Office Premium. So, to avoid issues I am thinking of running my Office Premium installation from "RunOnceEx to aviod the issues.

Is it possible or will they interfere with one another? If that isn't possible, how would I go about resolving this issue? Could I write a batch file that installs Office on the second reboot or something? Or write a batch file that installs Office upon creation of a new user account?

Thanks in advance!

Create A Great Day!

Ok, upon further reading I just realized I can run more then one command from GuiRunOnce. I will just create another command for the office installation seperate from the rest of the apps. Sorry for the dumbass question..lol

Hey all....

about running installs from both guirunonce and runonce.

It's never a good idea. They both do the same exact thing, but at the same time. So it's possible to office (for example) installing from runonce, Nero 7 from guirunonce and they're both going at it at once. It really depends on the system though. I've had several issues with this.

Thing to do is pick one or the other and if worse comes to worst have less intensive (and time consuming) apps run from one and the huge ones from another.

Or, as oioldman does use runonceex for t-13. Then again, t-13 is good mostly for reg entries.

@owikh84

runonceex.cmd

CMDOW @ /HID
@ECHO OFF
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\found.txt SET CDROM=%%i:

;Set key, because my fingers hurt;(
SET KEYSTP=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

;Set setup dialog title
REG ADD %KEYSTP% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f
REG ADD %KEYSTP% /V FLAG /D 0x00000004 /f

;DotNet2
REG ADD %KEYSTP%\050 /VE /D "DotNet 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEYSTP%\050 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\DOTNET\NETFX2.EXE" /f

;WMP 11.
REG ADD %KEYSTP%\105 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 11" /f
REG ADD %KEYSTP%\105 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WMP11\UMDF.EXE /quiet /nobackup"
REG ADD %KEYSTP%\105 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WMP11\WMFDIST11.EXE /quiet /nobackup"
REG ADD %KEYSTP%\105 /V 3 /D "%CDROM%\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WMP11\WMP11.EXE /quiet /nobackup"

EXIT

If you have one file of WMP 11, right click it and extract it to a directory. There you will find the files mentioned above.

Edited by razormoon

i use both runonceex & guirunonce - with no issues

runonceex for those application that can be installed at t13/t-12

guirunonce for those applications that won't/can't

I thought T13/t12 was used for service pack inf? runonceex runs after first logon does it not? :unsure:

generally it does slatz, yes.

however if you add the line

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

at the end it will load the keys into registy and then run them, otherwise it wll run at first logon.

at the end it will load the keys into registy and then run them, otherwise it wll run at first logon.

Ok, that is cool, that puts a whole new spin on things.

Thanks oioldman

Do you have a similar commandline for forcing RunOnce (GuiRunOnce) to load?

Like this:

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceProcess

But without the "EX". My example above here does not work...

Edit: Actually I have this problem that the stuff in GuiRunOnce doesn't load until AFTER RunOnceEx. It's just a simple script I want to run in GuiRunOnce so the plan is great - but only in theory. :wacko: Hehe ...

The weirdest though is that on my desktop it loads at once and then RunOnceEx runs like usual (taking its time), but on my Laptop it dosn't load until after RunOnceEx.

Edit2: Did you know that GuiRunOnce (RunOnce) doesn't run until after RunOnceEx?

Edited by Anderz

i don't have anything like that in my guirunonce, it is called from winnit.sif, and just runs as is to install apps

yes, i did know that it ran after guirunonceex, i believe it to be normal behaviour