Remove RichVideo.exe

Nucleus

After the unattended installation of PowerDVD 7 Deluxe, I have a new service runing in the backround, called RichVideo.exe. In the services list, it's called "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS). It's a useless service, and all it does is waste my computer resources. I need to remove it during the unattended installation. Any ideas how?

Thanks

There is a program called instsrv used to add and remove services.

Put it in the $OEM$\$$\System32 and after PowerDvd installation, in your batch or RunOnceEx or whatever, execute

instsrv "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" REMOVE

I think you need to find out the actual name of the service, like wuauserv is to Auto Update and replace the "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" and without quotes.

Just in case you don't know how to find the service name (most ppl do, but still) install PowerDvd, open services.msc, rightclick "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)">properties and at the top it says service name.

srvany.zip

• 2 months later...
After the unattended installation of PowerDVD 7 Deluxe, I have a new service runing in the backround, called RichVideo.exe. In the services list, it's called "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS). It's a useless service, and all it does is waste my computer resources. I need to remove it during the unattended installation. Any ideas how?

Thanks

What do that service really do? I have googled at it and the only thing i read is everyone want to remove it, but none of them tell why what that service really do...

Edit:

CyberLink RichVideo

Introduction and Benefits

CyberLink RichVideo is an advanced technology designed to save precious video editing time by storing initial video analysis for future references. For example, the first time you detect scenes or perform Magic Cut, video analysis information will be collected and stored, eliminating the process to be repeated again. Not only is a tremendous amount of time saved, the video information will be stored directly into the video file, and thus available for all users.

RichVideo Technology

Developed by CyberLink, CyberLink RichVideo technology coincides with new product releases enabling it to be utilized by other award-winning CyberLink applications. As we gravitate towards the digital home generation, video analysis will be at the forefront of video editing, with RichVideo playing a vital role in the development of multimedia software by reducing editing time and arduous workload.

CyberLink RichVideo is activated the first time after detecting scenes or performing Magic Cut. Information will be saved from video analysis in a separate data file or write to the file directly. Later, it is retrieved automatically when conducting similar actions.

CyberLink RichVideo in Action

For Magic Cut or in Scene Detection

CyberLink RichVideo will store information on scene differences, zooming and panning, facial features, colors, etc. Video analysis will only be conducted the first time, even if the duration of the scenes/clips have been altered. The next time Magic Cut is performed, everything will be automatic.

As long you use PowerDvd to look dvds and nothing more, it is really useless to use richvideo....

Edited by Solid as a rock

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Start Menu > Run

Type in "services.msc" and press ENTER

Locate "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" from the list of local services.

Right click and choose properties

Switch the startup type to "disabled" and OK. (Stop it now if you want)

Close and reboot.

Go to Start Menu > Run

Type in "services.msc" and press ENTER

Locate "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" from the list of local services.

Right click and choose properties

Switch the startup type to "disabled" and OK. (Stop it now if you want)

Close and reboot.

errr dude.... :blink:

That is not unattended , they mean during setup ;)

Read Nucleus post , that is the way to do this. ;)

Edited by muiz

• 1 month later...

This one is very simple, as any other service in windos.

Simply add in your reg file.

;00000002 = Automatic

;00000003 = Manual

;00000004 = Disabled

;Cyberlink PowerDvD 7 RichVideo.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RichVideo]

"Start"=dword:00000004

Edited by xyu

• 1 year later...

CyberLink PowerDVD 6.x & 7.x (This will works for All Versions) This is the best without messing your system services.

Extract APPLICATION.EXE file and edit Custom.ini search for RichVideo=1 , change to 0 and delete RichVideo Folder to save space.

If you want silent install just add Silent=1 anywhere (line). Im running 7.3 Ultra Edition, it works.

• 6 months later...

Hello guys,

I think I've just found the best way to remove the RichVideo.exe

[Go to]

START \Run...

[ type in, or copy paste the following]

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\richvideouninstall.exe

[Hit]

ENTER

[or click]

OK

you're done.