run PHP System on PC client

i was questioned by someone about how to run php system on PC client without network. but i'm not sure whether it can be or not. usually we run such system by installing Apache and mysql first. so, now we want to run system without installing them.

You don't need to install them..

Run a system like XAMPP or Uniform Server...

to install extract the directory... to uninstall delete the directory :)

As GameHead stated above, only a few PHP scripts will run like that, I should say that only the ones that don't need HTML rendering will run.

You don't need to install them..

Run a system like XAMPP or Uniform Server...

to install extract the directory... to uninstall delete the directory :)

As GameHead stated above, only a few PHP scripts will run like that, I should say that only the ones that don't need HTML rendering will run.

xampp works great :)

its a combination of apache, php, mysql, and more

xammp is mor ethan brilliant. i use it myself for testing sites before upload. Xammp makes sure you can test everything you will need for the real world, perl scripts, python, jsp asp etc etc.

Just thought that since aya said apache didnt need to be installed i would confirm that php can be used as a scripting language by itself

• 4 weeks later...

I use xampp also; it doesn't even need you to be on the internet! The latest version has all of the following, according to their website:

Apache HTTPD 2.2.2, MySQL 5.0.21, PHP 5.1.4 + 4.4.2-pl1 + PEAR + Switch, MiniPerl 5.8.7, Openssl 0.9.8b, PHPMyAdmin 2.8.1, XAMPP Control Panel 2.3, Webalizer 2.01-10, Mercury Mail Transport System für Win32 und NetWare Systems v4.01a, FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.16c, SQLite 2.8.15, ADODB 4.80, Zend Optimizer 3.0.0, XAMPP Security. SSI bug fixed.

There are versions for Windows, Linux, Solaris, and Mac OS X.

• 2 months later...